Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Default Re: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Is there a possible link to the interview? I’ve been looking but can’t find it.
    I looked for an embarrassingly long time and couldn't find a link.

Edit: OH! I forgot - the two interviewers always referred to North Dakota State as NDSU or the Bison so we've got that going for us.

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place for scheduling FBS teams. Low-end P5 teams don't want to risk losing to an FCS team and the top P5 teams are worried about strength of schedule to impress the playoff voters.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yeah Id be surprised if we schedule another FBS game ever. As long as we are FCS, the incentive structure leans 100% in NDSU's favor in these matchups. what AD, in their right mind would ever schedule NDSU? It will never happen again as long as we are FCS.

Goodness, I hope I'm wrong. These FBS games are far more important to the notoriety of our program than the nattys, IMO. of course, the nattys are immense, but we got more screen time and ink from either the Kstate and Iowa victories than the rest of the nattys combined. Most programs hope to have either a cool FBS win or a natty or two, and we get both lol.... Well now, its just the nattys going forward, which is still great.
    It's OK to not be OK.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    With his youngest son being a Senior next year, personally, I would be shocked if Entz is around past the 2022/23 season, especially if they bring home another natty. Have to imagine there would be ample FBS opportunities out there for him...maybe not necessarily HC jobs at a P5, but certainly coordinator positions.
    You realize his son plays for NDSU next year right?
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I looked for an embarrassingly long time and couldn't find a link.

Edit: OH! I forgot - the two interviewers always referred to North Dakota State as NDSU or the Bison so we've got that going for us.
    I gave it about a half hr and hoped you would come up with something. Lol
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Great point, but it’s the opposite point of what you’re trying to make.

Entz could be gone in a year, to a school already established in FBS if that’s what he was looking for. Why go through all the growing pains with us? If it were me I’d hang out here for a bit, bang out a couple more championships and wait for SMU to beam me up to the big leagues.
    I'm not so sure of that. NDSU wins FBS games already, we would just need more players for depth, etc.

The "growing pains" of moving NDSU to somewhere like MWC would likely be a whole lot less than the pain of rebuilding a losing FBS program, which are typically the schools looking to take a chance with an FCS head coach. The successful ones either aren't looking for a new coach, or are looking to reload with a successful FBS coach. Success breeds more success, and a failed program is very hard to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    You realize his son plays for NDSU next year right?
    Well aware.....thank you.

It was more so insinuating that a coach would be more likely to explore other options at a higher level/move to a different area, when they no longer have younger/school age children factoring in. Maybe my assumption is off base, but just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I'm not so sure of that. NDSU wins FBS games already, we would just need more players for depth, etc.

The "growing pains" of moving NDSU to somewhere like MWC would likely be a whole lot less than the pain of rebuilding a losing FBS program, which are typically the schools looking to take a chance with an FCS head coach. The successful ones either aren't looking for a new coach, or are looking to reload with a successful FBS coach. Success breeds more success, and a failed program is very hard to turn around.
    You're correct, sorry I should've elaborated. I meant it more from a retooling staff, I assume scholarships are going to be an issue since FBS doesn't allow partials anymore, not sure if academic standards are different, scheduling, etc. Administratively there would be a lot more than we or the average fan probably thinks about. Yeah from a level of play standpoint we're already good to lock and load with those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*