Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Matt Entz Seems VERY Supportive of FBS Jump

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for the last 7 years I had a chair & big donor who was directly involved telling me the info.
    now with this change in scenery lets hope everything changed.
    NDSU should jump on this & have an ACTIVE PUSH
    I call bullshit.
    Insert something clever here...

for the last 7 years I had a chair & big donor who was directly involved telling me the info.
    Lol..big donors don't know everything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Lol..big donors don't know everything
    If a big donor actually did have inside information (and I'm sure that there are a few that have info), they absolutely know better than to be spouting it to anyone else.
    Insert something clever here...

They had a Colorado writer on The Brakedown and he said if Boise or SDSU left, Colorado State would be looking to leave. Not much left

He also thought NDSU had a better name for TV ratings than New Mexico State or UNLV

If that happens, The MAC is suddenly a better conference unless they can land Montana, Montana State, NDSU and SDSU

Heck if the WAC goes FBS, they could he a better option than the Mountain West

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They had a Colorado writer on The Brakedown and he said if Boise or SDSU left, Colorado State would be looking to leave. Not much left.

He also thought NDSU had a better name for TV ratings than New Mexico State or UNLV

If that happens, The MAC is suddenly a better conference unless they can land Montana, Montana State, NDSU and SDSU

I wouldn't say that. Id love to be in a conference with WYO, Utah State, Montana, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno, and Hawaii. At least Road could go out in style with trips to CA, Vegas, and the Islands instead of trips to Macomb, St Cloud, Youngstow, etc. Hasn't he suffered enough, give him a slice of the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Id love to be in a conference with WYO, Utah State, Montana, Nevada, UNLV, Fresno, and Hawaii. At least Road could go out in style with trips to CA, Vegas, and the Islands instead of trips to Macomb, St Cloud, Youngstow, etc. Hasn't he suffered enough, give him a slice of the good life.
    Yeah a road trip to Vegas could be pretty awesome and the game would be easy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brookings < San Diego
    Grand Forks < Hell
    Carbondale < Any place west of the Mississippi
    Shall I go on?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Fargo being the 2021 #114 Media Market is no slouch when compared to other FBS schools, two notable #113- Eugene OR and #115- Lansing MI

one could argue they would draw eyeballs in MN and all of ND probably closer to a top 100 Market in Reality of reach.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They had a Colorado writer on The Brakedown and he said if Boise or SDSU left, Colorado State would be looking to leave. Not much left

It has been widely assumed that Colorado State has been looking to jump to a Power 5 for a while (I know, not a surprise statement). But they have actually done things to help themselves out. They built a new on campus football stadium recently, had a good basketball program going with Tim Miles, scheduled home and home series with Power 5 teams (Arkansas, Vandy, Arizona, Washington State), and have tried to sell themselves as being successful in getting viewers from Denver (which is often debated about the actual success of this claim).

I do think that the Mountain West would no matter what be better than the MAC even if Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State, or any combo of these left. Besides having better cities to travel to, I believe that most college football fans hold schools in the Mountain West in higher regards than the MAC - I know that I do.

Growing un in Michigan, I can tell you that the directional Michigan schools (Western, Central, Eastern) are not followed by many, and the only time that there was a small movement was when Brian Kelly had Central Michigan winning in the 2000's and when PJ Fleck had Western Michigan play well a few years ago. The rest of the MAC, with the exception of Northern Illinois, was usually just laughed at. The Ohio Schools held no significance at all. In the Mountain West, these schools are often the school for their state (see Wyoming, Boise State, New Mexico, Hawaii) or have a large(r) influence regionally (Air Force).