Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Where have you been all spring?
    Let's just say that we had a very tough several months. Not spending nearly as much time on fan sites, but had to get on here for the UNI game bantor.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    CycloneFanatic is a great site regardless of the quality of the team. True fans. We'll see how well you guys hold up during the bad times.

As for the Wentz hurdle . . . it happened right in front of me.
    Had a great time in Ames that weekend. I agree it's a great fan base.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone know where to find the postgame presser?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It's a good thing defense wins championships. Ours is pretty good, despite all the challenges thrown their way.
    Biggest misconception ever. It is such as stupid statement. I can't believe people regurgitate what the media writes. TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It takes at least 2 of the three phases and the third phase still needs to be good to win a title.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Biggest misconception ever. It is such as stupid statement. I can't believe people regurgitate what the media writes. TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It takes at least 2 of the three phases and the third phase still needs to be good to win a title.
    Well, I think the sentiment is true in the sense that if you’re only good at 1 of the 3 phases, good Defense gives you the best chance to win games.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just do an analysis of Super Bowl champions an as example and where their offenses and defenses ranked. You will find out that a much larger percentage had better offenses than defenses. Although even when they had good Offenses they still had good defenses. Yes there are exceptions to this such as Ravens as an example but they had unreal special teams that year and also their offenses played a complimentary role if I remember correctly in that they could run the ball and chew up some clock. There are always exceptions, but TEAMS win championships they always do.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Does anyone here think this Bison team has improved much if any through this year? Yep, had a pretty good game against UND, but then? Bunny Turds have the best chance of winning the game next week than they ever have since 2010. Zeb at QB is a shit show. This Bison offense and defense has to be a step below any of the offenses and defenses in the past 10 years! And Entz's and Roehl's coaching / play calls rank lowest during that timeframe too.
    I would say in general the defense as a unit is doing better as well as the offensive line.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Just do an analysis of Super Bowl champions an as example and where their offenses and defenses ranked. You will find out that a much larger percentage had better offenses than defenses. Although even when they had good Offenses they still had good defenses. Yes there are exceptions to this such as Ravens as an example but they had unreal special teams that year and also their offenses played a complimentary role if I remember correctly in that they could run the ball and chew up some clock. There are always exceptions, but TEAMS win championships they always do.
    Maybe true. I guess I’m just saying that if I had to pick one I think. Good defense gives you a better opportunity to win than a good offense.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Saying things in all caps doesn't make them true.

If it did, Lakes would actually be AD.

And POTUS.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes