Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I watched most of it on espn+ and it was a nail biter for sure. UNI never went away. A really fun game to watch and that is what I like about it. I know we can be better and should be better but its spring football, covid, transfer BS and all of that so you have to just enjoy being healthy enough to watch it and WE WON! This is key game to get a high seed in the playoffs. I suppose we get the bunnies or the hawks again in the playoffs???
    Let's Go Bison!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hold until further instruction.

(Not financial advice)
    I thought that was for BTC

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I thought that was for BTC
    If you want crypto advice you have to talk to that terrorist tjamz.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Entz doubled down in the presser. Kolpack asked first about the two point play... “it would have put us up two touchdowns.”

Then McFeely followed up because the answer made zero sense. “It would have forced them to make both extra points.”

I mean jfc...
    Lol...its laughable. Well maybe his next answer will be to show SDSU as much as possible to make the prepare for everything...

If only the 1660 crew would grow some balls and call out this dipshittery, they just lob softballs to not stir the pot
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    The past Bison teams will likely be the best we ever have at the FCS level. The new transfer rules will prevent the entire division from fielding anything on the level of a 2019 NDSU ever again
    You are 100% spot on.

As has already happened, the top FCS teams had multiple high quality players leave, and this is allowing teams like UND, VMI, Rhode island, Missouri State, Duquesne, and Murray state to have good spring seasons and get ranked (I realize that some of the teams I listed have been in the playoffs within the last 5 years, but they lack consistency).

What will matter is 2 and 3 years from now:

1. Will these lesser known/successful FCS teams be able to maintain momentum and chip away at NDSU, JMU, Weber State, SDSU, and the other consistent powers?

2. How often will the best players from FCS teams get poached by teams in the FBS after the players have been in the FCS for 2 or 3 years and have shown that they can play well?

I am fearful that the combination of these two items will, either immediately and/or slowly over time, will reduce the success of NDSU and the rest of the FCS for that matter.

If there is one potential change that may come from this, I can see the Group of 5 and the top of FCS merging sooner now, especially if the transfer portal continues to function like it is - heck, even major FBS teams are having double digit numbers of players leave their school, and this is not just at schools where there is a new coach and he wants "his guys".

Some think NDSU should be in the WAC and Colorado State has 14 players in the transfer portal.

https://247sports.com/college/colora...ransferPortal/

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    You are 100% spot on.

As has already happened, the top FCS teams had multiple high quality players leave, and this is allowing teams like UND, VMI, Rhode island, Missouri State, Duquesne, and Murray state to have good spring seasons and get ranked (I realize that some of the teams I listed have been in the playoffs within the last 5 years, but they lack consistency).

What will matter is 2 and 3 years from now:

1. Will these lesser known/successful FCS teams be able to maintain momentum and chip away at NDSU, JMU, Weber State, SDSU, and the other consistent powers?

2. How often will the best players from FCS teams get poached by teams in the FBS after the players have been in the FCS for 2 or 3 years and have shown that they can play well?

I am fearful that the combination of these two items will, either immediately and/or slowly over time, will reduce the success of NDSU and the rest of the FCS for that matter.

If there is one potential change that may come from this, I can see the Group of 5 and the top of FCS merging sooner now, especially if the transfer portal continues to function like it is - heck, even major FBS teams are having double digit numbers of players leave their school, and this is not just at schools where there is a new coach and he wants "his guys".
    It's OK to not be OK.

I saw a lot of very good blocking, tackling, running, passing, catching, etc. I did not see a lot of penalties or turnovers. I saw the Bison score more points than the other team. I’m pretty sure that is the recipe for success on a football field. Great job, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That sure is a lot of ciphering to do in 40 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    That sure is a lot of ciphering to do in 40 seconds.
    Solid point however my apple watch has enough computing power to jam that model through multiple times in a second. Also, rumor has it that if prior to game time you plug your own teams data into the model it will spit out a paper chart, which can be laminated.