Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Northern Iowa

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    True. Farley kinda patted himself on the back for that in the post-game presser and took a few shots at others for dumping games/seasons. Then, he pretty much explained why they shouldn't have played the season. I was really looking forward to Spring football, but it just hasn't been nearly as satisfying. And not just because of the outcomes of the games. The radical transitions of player personnel has eroded my sense of "team" for just about every major college team I watch in football and basketball.
    Completely agree and this is only going to get worse as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, I usually don’t get worked up about officials but that call pissed me off!
    Let's face it, guys, those poor striped-shirted bastards haven't had much practice officiating games the last month or better.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You didn't see the pancake blog called a hold? That was one of the worst holding calls I've ever seen and it stopped a rolling drive.
    That one may have actually been a hold. The defender appeared to be facing out and he twisted him before planting him. So many different factors to look at in a play like that. If graded incorrect more likely TT (too technical) or M (marginal). Only got one replay to look at it. I would love to see it from the angle of the calling official because that looks very different.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That one may have actually been a hold. The defender appeared to be facing out and he twisted him before planting him. So many different factors to look at in a play like that. If graded incorrect more likely TT (too technical) or M (marginal). Only got one replay to look at it. I would love to see it from the angle of the calling official because that looks very different.

Hey Indy what did you think about the no call when UNI ran into Reinholz on the FG and then the personal foul on the coach right before half?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, I usually don’t get worked up about officials but that call pissed me off!
    However they made the same call against UNI later in the game.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the most part I can live with the officials making questionable calls on the field. The thing that pisses me off more than anything is the reversal of calls during replay reviews. It seems like every game there is a call overturned often without "conclusive" evidence. To me this is where the NFL gets it right more often than not, but replay reviews make me scratch my head all the time during any NCAA game.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    For the most part I can live with the officials making questionable calls on the field. The thing that pisses me off more than anything is the reversal of calls during replay reviews. It seems like every game there is a call overturned often without "conclusive" evidence. To me this is where the NFL gets it right more often than not, but replay reviews make me scratch my head all the time during any NCAA game.

I also didn't like the flags that resulted in "no call's."
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Hey Indy what did you think about the no call when UNI ran into Reinholz on the FG and then the personal foul on the coach right before half?
    I never saw him get hit and I have no idea what the coach said or did to get the unsportsmanlike conduct so I can't speak to either of those. Jake's dad is a fraternity brother though so I'm all for flagging anyone hitting him.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I never saw him get hit and I have no idea what the coach said or did to get the unsportsmanlike conduct so I can't speak to either of those. Jake's dad is a fraternity brother though so I'm all for flagging anyone hitting him.

Theta Chi bias...I knew it.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!