Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Northern Iowa

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU at Northern Iowa

#2 North Dakota State Bison (5-1, 4-1 MVFC) vs. #24 Northern Iowa Panthers (3-3, 3-3 MVFC)
    Saturday, April 10, 2021 · 4 p.m. · UNI-Dome · Cedar Falls, Iowa

TV: ESPN+ will have exclusive television coverage of the MVFC TV Game of the Week. Coverage begins at 4 p.m. with Brad Wells (play-by-play), Danan Hughes (analyst) and Kelly Burke (reporter). ESPN+ is available by subscription on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 3:30 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network including 107.9 The Fox in Fargo with Jeff Culhane (play-by-play), Phil Hansen (analyst) and Cole Jirik (sideline). Extended coverage locally on Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 12:30-1:30, "Bison Game Day" from 1:30-3:30 and the "Bison Hotline" call-in show following the network broadcast.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview Release
    Northern Iowa Game Preview
    Missouri Valley Football Conference Notes

The Fargo Forum
    What could have been: NDSU vs. UNI last fall would have been a talent-rich game
    Game Day notebook: For Bison players, their 24-hour rule has taken on a new meaning

The Analyst FCS/HERO Sports
    FCS College Football’s Five Must-See Games in Week 9
    FCS Spring Week 9 Predictions: Kennesaw-Monmouth, NDSU-UNI, Sacred Heart-Duquesne, JSU-Murray State + More

WCF Courier
    UNI regroups, ready for NDSU challenge
    NDSU-UNI 2021 will be good, 2020 would have been electric
    Cam Miller contributes for college football power No. 2 North Dakota State
    UNI football notes: Panthers continue to adapt to COVID-19 protocols as they approach end of spring season
    Last edited by b15on; 04-10-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Northern Iowa

Been a while, gameplan the same. Pound the rock, play solid D.

Bison: 31
    Purple Pansies: 14
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Covid 3
    Bison 0

But seriously I think we win this by 17

Let's hope for an injury free win.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this game actually happening?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If so, I want a healthy dose of Luepke pounding the rock for 5 yards a pop. Noland better show us what 'the coaches see in him.'

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I predict a close game for 3 quarters (like so many NDSU games). UNI's defense will get some turnovers to prevent NDSU from scoring much, but UNI won't be able to move the ball, so they won't score much. We have settled for lots of field goals against defenses much worse than yours. Ultimately, it comes down to how most NDSU games against good teams end. You guys wear down your opponent and dominate the 4th quarter. If we don't get a 4th quarter turnover TD to give us a puncher's chance, NDSU rolls to a 20 point win.

Or UNI rolls to a 45-0 win, ruins Lakes' FBS fantasy, and you will never stop hearing about it from me!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Thank you CyPanth for getting me a ticket so I can continue my streak today!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Thank you CyPanth for getting me a ticket so I can continue my streak today!
    Were you in danger of not getting a ticket? How many fans are they letting in today ?

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I predict a close game for 3 quarters (like so many NDSU games). UNI's defense will get some turnovers to prevent NDSU from scoring much, but UNI won't be able to move the ball, so they won't score much. We have settled for lots of field goals against defenses much worse than yours. Ultimately, it comes down to how most NDSU games against good teams end. You guys wear down your opponent and dominate the 4th quarter. If we don't get a 4th quarter turnover TD to give us a puncher's chance, NDSU rolls to a 20 point win.

Or UNI rolls to a 45-0 win, ruins Lakes' FBS fantasy, and you will never stop hearing about it from me!
    You might be surprised to know that NDSU's redzone defense has been downright awful this spring. Dead last in FCS (among 95 teams who have played) allowing TDs on 90.9% of redzone trips and they've yet to stop an opponent from scoring who has gotten into the redzone. Maybe that's just a weird anomaly in a weird season since they were so good with redzone defense in previous seasons and they're still only allowing 16.5 points per game so they've done a good job limiting opponent redzone trips.