Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Northern Iowa Preview

Default Re: NDSU @ Northern Iowa Preview

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    What do they have to lose?
    For that matter, if we aren't ready for it, we deserve to lose.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea i dont know why, but i feel like Farley and Stig gonna throw everything at us
    When don't they?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    For that matter, if we aren't ready for it, we deserve to lose.
    Don’t disagree at all. In fact I’ll be surprised if we beat the rabbits.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    can UNI pass? that's the only way they can beat NDSU saturday

Benny Sapp & Omar Brown from Mpls the UNI DB's have been poppin off on twitter/IG all week.. you know its their Super Bowl

UNI hasn't passed effectively all year.

If Will McElvain, the season starter plays (he was out with Covid), we won't have much of a threat. He has been very inaccurate downfield. He tortured Iowa State two years ago with his clever running (like getting 17 on 3rd and 16 situations).

If Justin Fomby, the backup, there will be more of a passing threat. He wasn't very effective in his first game, but to be fair, they had something like 24 hours to get him ready.

If I'm head coach for UNI, I would decide if I thought we would be most effective on the ground or in the air, then pick the QB accordingly. However, if history is any indicator, Farley will go with his season starter and try to force his gameplan regardless of where you might be the most likely to be vulnerable. Expect McElvain, a grind-it-out game, hopes for turnovers, and hopes for a last minute UNI score. That's the best, most-likely scenario. Farley hasn't coached a wide open offensive game all season.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    They know they're going to get plenty of chances at some Zeb balls.

They have an electric big play receiver which when playing it against a team like NDSU with it anemic offense is dangerous because it only takes one play to put seven on the board. If they're successful in hitting him a couple times my question is can our offense keep up. High scoring for our offense is 20 plus points.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

UNI is more likely to move the ball on defense (turnovers) than offense! I could see offensive and turnover return yardage being about even. Hopefully not both in single digits!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    UNI is more likely to move the ball on defense (turnovers) than offense! I could see offensive and turnover return yardage being about even. Hopefully not both in single digits!
    Well we know Zeb will throw 2 picks... so there's that...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Don’t disagree at all. In fact I’ll be surprised if we beat the rabbits.
    If we had kept playing games I may have agreed with you. With both of us being off for so long who the hell knows. It’s a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    If we had kept playing games I may have agreed with you. With both of us being off for so long who the hell knows. It’s a crapshoot.
    I actually think the opposite... we were improving, and some time off hurts us more, I think. Could be wrong and could be convinced otherwise.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    UNI hasn't passed effectively all year.

If Will McElvain, the season starter plays (he was out with Covid), we won't have much of a threat. He has been very inaccurate downfield. He tortured Iowa State two years ago with his clever running (like getting 17 on 3rd and 16 situations).

If Justin Fomby, the backup, there will be more of a passing threat. He wasn't very effective in his first game, but to be fair, they had something like 24 hours to get him ready.

If I'm head coach for UNI, I would decide if I thought we would be most effective on the ground or in the air, then pick the QB accordingly. However, if history is any indicator, Farley will go with his season starter and try to force his gameplan regardless of where you might be the most likely to be vulnerable. Expect McElvain, a grind-it-out game, hopes for turnovers, and hopes for a last minute UNI score. That's the best, most-likely scenario. Farley hasn't coached a wide open offensive game all season.
    Exactly. UNI can't pass. that's the only way you beat NDSU , especially with josh hayes gone
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

we will lose to wabbits!.....maybe both!