Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Women’s Final Four

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2021 Women’s Final Four

Paige Bueckers (Hopkins MN) is amazing and Geno is a blast but still lively to see UCONN go down to 1st time Finals participant Arizona. Sets up an all PAC XII final with the original gangster Tara Vanderveer and the Cardinal of Stanford.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Default Re: 2021 Women’s Final Four

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Paige Bueckers (Hopkins MN) is amazing and Geno is a blast but still lively to see UCONN go down to 1st time Finals participant Arizona. Sets up an all PAC XII final with the original gangster Tara Vanderveer and the Cardinal of Stanford.
    way 2 go, paige! and where does she rank on your "all-time" list, bluekey? me personally from just whove ive watched-------in nor particular order (other than #1) 1. janel mccarville 2. former bison great brenda slyt 3. shamicka holscoth 4. paige bueckers 5. sue bird

i also gotta add cheryll miller, reggies older sis----------i cant remember what show it was but they showed a bunch of highlights of her and her USC team mates it was unreal the talent of those ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    i also gotta add cheryll miller, reggies older sis----------i cant remember what show it was but they showed a bunch of highlights of her and her USC team mates it was unreal the talent of those ladies!

In person the best I witnessed was Jackie Styles from Missouri (then Southwest Missouri) State from their tourney run 20 years ago.

Cheryl Miller amazing. Candace Parker as well. Britney Griner was a dominant player.

I still think Diana Taurasi is the best considering all the years she’s played and the impact she’s had at so many levels.

I think Paige is doing things as a frosh that Taurasi didNot do to later in her career.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

Side note: prior to the Final Four, the NCAA released a highlight video On social/mainstream media of the top teams in the tourney: Stanford, UCONN, South Carolina but they omitted Arizona.

After the win last night, Arizona coach A’dia Barnes, often so loquacious, was in team huddle celebrating where she clearly flipped the bird and mouthed “F@*# everyone” to the delight of her victorious team.

Side note: prior to the Final Four, the NCAA released a highlight video On social/mainstream media of the top teams in the tourney: Stanford, UCONN, South Carolina but they omitted Arizona.

After the win last night, Arizona coach A’dia Barnes, often so loquacious, was in team huddle celebrating where she clearly flipped the bird and mouthed “F@*# everyone” to the delight of her victorious team.
    i just seen that on espn LMFAO! u are a great hoops mind, my friend------great call on taurasi by the way------also, do you ever remember a gal that came out of moorhead high (maybe shanley) and played for the U of louisville, i believe? i think i seen her at an open gym once back in the day

i just seen that on espn LMFAO! u are a great hoops mind, my friend------great call on taurasi by the way------also, do you ever remember a gal that came out of moorhead high (maybe shanley) and played for the U of louisville, i believe? i think i seen her at an open gym once back in the day
    The kid out of Shanley that was really, really good that I remember was Angie Welle who played at Iowa State early 2000s and is still the career scorer and rebounder for the Cyclone.

The kid out of Shanley that was really, really good that I remember was Angie Welle who played at Iowa State early 2000s and is still the career scorer and rebounder for the Cyclone.
    YUP im thinkin you nailed it after i looked it up and seen her------ https://gobison.com/sports/womens-ba...na-lemnus/3216 i dont know why i got louisville in my head im going 2 keep digging tho! it may have been in the mid 2 late 90s im going to keep looking at cards roster

AMBER ABRAHAM, BLUE! i guess it was louisville it was, instead, arkansas state https://astateredwolves.com/sports/w...r-abraham/1068

im still not 100% it was either her or welle but i was just fascinated by the talent when i seen it at the open gym! no wonder amy built such a powerhouse, besides her elite coaching abilitys not to shabby the amount of players that come out of this area-------the old cobber coach told me 1 time that amy was the absolute master at finding them!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AMBER ABRAHAM, BLUE! i guess it was louisville it was, instead, arkansas state https://astateredwolves.com/sports/w...r-abraham/1068

im still not 100% it was either her or welle but i was just fascinated by the talent when i seen it at the open gym! no wonder amy built such a powerhouse, besides her elite coaching abilitys not to shabby the amount of players that come out of this area-------the old cobber coach told me 1 time that amy was the absolute master at finding them!
    I remember Amber. That 1999 run to the championship game was so much fun. MHS had a pretty good run for a few years across all sports for a few years around the turn of the millennium. Didn't get over the hump in any of them though *wah wah*

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk