Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1300 block N University

Cool 1300 block N University

A few months ago I watched a planning committee meeting and they were tearing down 3 old houses on University across from Centennial Blvd. I cant remember but may have been owned by a fraternity or something NDSU related? I noticed on the city permit site they filed for a 2.5 million dollar permit. Any idea what's going there?

https://permits.fargond.gov/PrmtView.aspx?ref=8EL6UP

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: 1300 block N University

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    A few months ago I watched a planning committee meeting and they were tearing down 3 old houses on University across from Centennial Blvd. I cant remember but may have been owned by a fraternity or something NDSU related? I noticed on the city permit site they filed for a 2.5 million dollar permit. Any idea what's going there?

https://permits.fargond.gov/PrmtView.aspx?ref=8EL6UP
    Must be another mixed use building. Foundation plan suggests an elevator pit. To me, an elevator suggests multilevel residential on the upper floors.

There are 3 buildings that appear to be owned by Delta Delta Delta. http://www.fargoparcels.com/01-8767-00100-000?segId=1
    It's OK to not be OK.

New Delta Delta Delta sorority house. The NDSU chapter was established in the fall of 2016.

The Kappa Delta sorority is also planning a new house. They will demolish the existing building just north of the Alumni Center, along with the small empty building just to the east. A new building will be built at the same location.

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.

533 In a row

I can’t read Delta Delta Delta without thinking of Lambda Lambda Lambda and Revenge of the Nerds.
    It's OK to not be OK.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    New Delta Delta Delta sorority house. The NDSU chapter was established in the fall of 2016.

The Kappa Delta sorority is also planning a new house. They will demolish the existing building just north of the Alumni Center, along with the small empty building just to the east. A new building will be built at the same location.

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.
    ATO will be done in time for fall semester this year

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

This sparks a bit of regret for opportunity lost. I always thought that would have been the best place for a president's house replacement. The house could of been on the NE corner of the block and the NW corner could have been a large public garden area shared between the president's house and the alumni center and set up for larger gatherings(inc. outdoor weddings). With the current president's house location vacant, and tearing down Burgam Hall and replacing it with a modern dorm in the NW part of campus, the university could have had a huge open area for new academic buildings right at the corner of University and 12th.

But I understand why this idea had no chance of happening, considering it would mean moving four greek houses(Sigma Chi, Delta Upsilon, Kappa Alpha Theta, & Kappa Delta).

And thanks for correcting my bad guess.

I think its the new chapter of Lambda-Lambda-Lambda
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad to hear fraternities and sororities are still investing in their physical properties and the Tri-Delt has been successful enough to build a house. Kudos to them for getting a great location on University!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There were Tri-Delts in the 70s. Did they go off campus and make a come back?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."