Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Oru sweet 16 thread!!

Default Re: Oru sweet 16 thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Actually, if the record are the posts in this thread, then the record shows you did start it with the comment about poor ol Christians not getting their prayers answered. I don’t care what you believe or not believe. But it is poor form to use the basketball thread to take a swipe at people’s deeply held religious beliefs.
    If the fact that Christians prayed for an outcome of a sporting event and didn’t get their way and I pointed that out bothers you that much, then we really shouldn’t have this conversation. Plus it bothers other people who I respect enough, so, nah, I’ll be fine. Enjoy Easter brunch.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

It was pretty funny watching the oru fans wish on national tv in the form of prayer. The camera scanned the crowd and found a bunch of praying wishers. I'm not sure about orus sect, but using prayer as a genie wish is a serious sin among catholics. It's far to common among the "devout". Almost like they don't even abide by their own fairytales rules.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm going to eat some ham and go to church on the wrong day just to really show those other religions who's bestest.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    It was pretty funny watching the oru fans wish on national tv in the form of prayer. The camera scanned the crowd and found a bunch of praying wishers. I'm not sure about orus sect, but using prayer as a genie wish is a serious sin among catholics. It's far to common among the "devout". Almost like they don't even abide by their own fairytales rules.
    This is part of the reason I commented why I did. Regardless of what you believe, praying for favorable outcomes of sporting events should be criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is part of the reason I commented why I did. Regardless of what you believe, praying for favorable outcomes of sporting events should be criticized.
    I've never heard that it was a serious sin in Catholicism like Twentysix said. There is gray area in what you expect the outcome to be...but as far as praying...for the religious I would think it to be a good thing...keeping the lines of communication open...talking to God about all things...even the trivial. I guess I won't criticize anyone for how they handle this...just like I won't criticize people for their beliefs or lack of beliefs or beliefs on lack of beliefs. I can disagree, but I wouldn't criticize. I save that for RTO. and maybe Kevin.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Hey heffy if u want to fuck up threads with fedora tipping nonsense maybe you should come back to the political forum where it’s encouraged at gun point.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hey heffy if u want to fuck up threads with fedora tipping nonsense maybe you should come back to the political forum where it’s encouraged at gun point.
    I wouldn’t want to start quitting my non-participation in political discussions, Kev. Too much quitting is not the type of image I want to convey.
    Last edited by heffray; 03-30-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I've never heard that it was a serious sin in Catholicism like Twentysix said. There is gray area in what you expect the outcome to be...but as far as praying...for the religious I would think it to be a good thing...keeping the lines of communication open...talking to God about all things...even the trivial. I guess I won't criticize anyone for how they handle this...just like I won't criticize people for their beliefs or lack of beliefs or beliefs on lack of beliefs. I can disagree, but I wouldn't criticize. I save that for RTO. and maybe Kevin.
    I get your point, but to me, it’s more like... you’re praying for your team to win, but there are millions of people suffering all over the earth, seems like a misplacement of priorities, not only for those praying, but for the supposed deity willing to grant a half court last minute shot but not cure a case or 2 of childhood cancer.

I get your point, but to me, it’s more like... you’re praying for your team to win, but there are millions of people suffering all over the earth, seems like a misplacement of priorities, not only for those praying, but for the supposed deity willing to grant a half court last minute shot but not cure a case or 2 of childhood cancer.
    And you all can flame on if you want, this will be my last post here, I’m tired of pissing people off.

Oh...I hear ya. But when it is the last play of the game...and JMU was looking to score...I might have been guilty of throwing out a li'l request. Yep...I wasn't too concerned about the millions suffering around the globe. But somebody has to do something because we just never know of people have put on their lucky socks or not.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]