Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oru sweet 16 thread!!

Default Oru sweet 16 thread!!

congrats to ORU. just amazing coverage and millions for Summit League.

swing by their board on this thread and congratulate them!

https://forum.orusports.com/index.ph...ngrats-to-you/

Max/Obaner vs Arkansas will be fun to watch
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oru sweet 16 thread!!

So this immediately comes to mind... what’s the likelihood of ORU getting poached by another conference in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    So this immediately comes to mind... what’s the likelihood of ORU getting poached by another conference in the near future?

They just came back from trying their hand at another conference.

Yea I can see a conference going after them. But what do they look like without Obaner/Max next year? they both gone

I wouldn't think this on it's own gets conferences lining up at their door. Remember this is their first tourney berth since 2008.

I'd expect Mills to cash in though and move to a bigger program. With the NCAA potentially instituting a new rule this offseason allowing undergrads to transfer to another D1 school without having to sit out it does make it seem very likely that Abmas and Obanor also move up the food chain... I'd imagine they'd both have all sorts of P5 offers.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post

I had a different thought.

What's the likelihood that the summit continuing to win games in the tournament (and now a sweet 16 team to boot) pumping our conferences default seed up past a 15? I.e. a year like this one we are a default 14 instead of 15, and on a good year maybe an 11 or 12.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Barkley/Kenny Smith just said Max/Obaner were the best 2 players in both of their games.. high praise.

Early line is ORU +11 vs Ark. they played earlier this year and ORU was up 12 early then lost.

+11 ??? CHAAAA CHIIIINGGGG before that gets bet down to +7

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I had a different thought.

What's the likelihood that the summit continuing to win games in the tournament (and now a sweet 16 team to boot) pumping our conferences default seed up past a 15? I.e. a year like this one we are a default 14 instead of 15, and on a good year maybe an 11 or 12.
    I think that has less to do with past tournament success and more to do with success in the non-conference schedule in November and December for the conference as a whole in the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think that has less to do with past tournament success and more to do with success in the non-conference schedule in November and December for the conference as a whole in the current season.
    I get what you're saying and agree that regular season is the way to create a good seed for one time for one year but I believe a few years of success in the big dance could start to shape a better outcome for seedings for the conference as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I get what you're saying and agree that regular season is the way to create a good seed for one time for one year but I believe a few years of success in the big dance could start to shape a better outcome for seedings for the conference as a whole.
    Well, they really should go hand in hand. If you're having more success in the tournament as a conference you should be doing better in the pre-conference season as well.

No matter whether any or all of Abmas, Obanor, and Mills are gone after this year this will be recruiting gold going forward for ORU. I don't think it's necessarily healthy for a conference to have only two schools represent it in the big dance each year like NDSU and SDSU have done for the last 9 years before this one but it's on the other schools to step up their games. ORU has certainly done that with their run this year and USD has done that too I think. Any big non-conference win by any of those schools helps the others in seeding so the more good teams capable of doing that you have in your league the better your tournament seeds will get.