Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ISUR Opts out of Remaining Games....

Default Re: ISUR Opts out of Remaining Games....

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    THEY ARE 18 -22 YEAR OLD KIDS. THEY CAN HANDLE 4 MONTHA REST BETWEEN SEASONS

Pussification of America
    LOL come on man. Coaches, remember these are football coaches not social justice professors, coaches all over the country were worried about this two season business. Let's just take it on faith that they aren't "pussies" and just accept that they know more than keyboard warriors about what kind of toll and recovery are needed for a football season.

If you don't buy that, surely you accept that the NFL and NCAA are soulless creeps who'd sell their own mother for an extra dollar and even they take 8-9 months off every year.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default ISUR Opts out of Remaining Games....

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Think of the signs we can make from this for their next visit to the dome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Just a picture of him that says “Spack it in folks, we’re done here”

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

THEY ARE 18 -22 YEAR OLD KIDS. THEY CAN HANDLE 4 MONTHA REST BETWEEN SEASONS

Pussification of America
    For fucks actual sake, dude.

fuck the fcs get NDSU the hell outta here
    This is the correct take. The fact that we are not surprised that FCS teams are dropping a season where they arent guaranteed to make the playoffs and that we all know that others will follow, means we are not in a subdivision that takes football even remotely seriously.

ISUr isnt ISUb. the FCS media considers ISUr to be an FCS blue blood.

I've said this before, but its worth repeating: There are maybe 3 programs that take football seriously in the FCS. Used to be 5 until Montana and Montana State cancelled spring season.

Wow, guys, its so cool that we beat the other 2 programs that care for a national title for the 9th time in 10 years! This comment isnt supposed to diminish NDSU's accomplishments- but it is a sad reflection of the programs that we purposefully choose to associate ourselves with. Sad, Really....
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    LOL come on man. Coaches, remember these are football coaches not social justice professors, coaches all over the country were worried about this two season business. Let's just take it on faith that they aren't "pussies" and just accept that they know more than keyboard warriors about what kind of toll and recovery are needed for a football season.

If you don't buy that, surely you accept that the NFL and NCAA are soulless creeps who'd sell their own mother for an extra dollar and even they take 8-9 months off every year.
    Maybe the FBC, but how is the FCS spring season all about greed at the NCAA? A sport that barely breaks even at the top schools and is a net loser for most under the best of times. That the FCS spring season was started in the first place is a head scratcher considering the financials. I'd tend to think it was to offer the athletes an opportunity at a season they might otherwise lose.

Spack is a pussy. I agree with Lakes. I feel dirty now.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Spack should never be allowed to have his beautiful stache after a bitch move like this.
    Agreed. Mustaches come with certain expectations, particularly a "power stache" like he has. I'm literally shaking right now, this dude has been my undisputed favorite Valley coach since Dale Lennon went to the UND Retirement Facility in Bismarck.
    College of Business Alumnus

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know of high schools who did this. In fact, if I recall correctly, Lake Park Audubon bowed out of the Minnesota playoffs last fall due to a string of injuries to upper classmen that essentially left a JV or freshmen team as the only ones standing. Understandable for a high school to do this when kids play both ways, and underclassmen would get pounded on both sides of the line for the entire game.

FCS is a totally different level. ISU-R copped out, and it will be interesting if the MVFC imposes any penalties for this. The withdrawal sets a bad precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post

Ill St agreed to play...there is responsibility there. This is bad form...and Spack should be forced to shave the 'stache. I further propose he should never be allowed to have a 'stache again...not even stubble. Straight razor twice a day.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Spring season is stupid. The teams that do it are going to be extremely thin and beat up for fall. It does not have the players best interest in mind. Sure they want to play but really is it worth it?

Don't blame you one bit Spack. Do what's right for your players.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    I know of high schools who did this. In fact, if I recall correctly, Lake Park Audubon bowed out of the Minnesota playoffs last fall due to a string of injuries to upper classmen that essentially left a JV or freshmen team as the only ones standing. Understandable for a high school to do this when kids play both ways, and underclassmen would get pounded on both sides of the line for the entire game.

FCS is a totally different level. ISU-R copped out, and it will be interesting if the MVFC imposes any penalties for this. The withdrawal sets a bad precedent.
    Coach Norman Dale took the Huskers to the state championship with only 8 players. Played much of the season with only 7 before Jimmy Chitwood rejoined the team. Even closed a game out with only 4 players on the court to prove a point about listening to the coaches instructions. And Gene Hackman didn't even need a Tom Selleck power stasche.