Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UN_ Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UN_ Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

ok well, I'm not too big to come post my post game thoughts, after posting my pre-game thoughts. All observations and predictions were made on the previous 4 weeks. NDSU looked like a far different team, as did UND.

Frankly, I don't understand what UND's game plan was. It didn't align with what was working so far this season, and whatever the plan was they didn't execute it. I would have fed Otis the ball more than we did.

Where has your O-Line been? They looked like a top end unit today, and Luepke was a dude. Together, they will do some damage going forward.

Noland is not a good QB. He had 1 or 2 nice passes all day, but as a veteran guy he is just not impressive. Hard to measure Cam Miller off of this game.

I'm sure there will be a lot of overreactions to this game, but I think the truth is in between the overreactions. UND is not quite to the point they have showed thus far. NDSU is not as bad as they looked thus far. That being said, UND is not a bad team if we look at the whole product of the season. More is needed to determine this. How do we bounce back. How do we play on the road against Youngstown. Ultimately where do we finish the season. NDSU is still not to the level they have been in the past. QB will limit them, but other than that, I didn't see much of a drop off in any other area, at least not today. Again, how does this team finish the season ... SDSU will be tough.

As a fan, it is certainly frustrating to see UND drop an opportunity like this in the fashion they did, but its football and that happens. Its not a game I wanted to see us lose, but at the end of the day UND is 4-1 with some solid wins, which is far better than most would have expected pre-season. So again, can we finish strong or do we fall apart; time will tell.

I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment. Not that it mattered, it didn't take much to outcoach Bubba today.

Anyhow, well done today. I'm sure you all enjoyed the ass kicking. I'd say best of luck, but lets be honest .....

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Also I’m calling bullshit on zeb being 225.

315 at least.
    Has he ever met Jim Kramer? Seriously?

Lardsin must go!

I don't post much, so I'll get shit for this; but Lakes/El Chapo knows absolutely nothing about football. The Bison were young/inexperienced to start this bullshit Spring season, but in the two most important aspects of football - the O and D line of scrimmage the Bison have matured and are playing better game to game. The Bison have had great QB's through their history, but what's made them dominant at any point in time is the studs they have had on the line. If the O and D line continue to improve, the Bison will be fine whoever is at QB. And if Lakes/El Chapo has a problem with this post, or any other post, he can suck his own ass and shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    ok well, I'm not too big to come post my post game thoughts, after posting my pre-game thoughts. All observations and predictions were made on the previous 4 weeks. NDSU looked like a far different team, as did UND.

Frankly, I don't understand what UND's game plan was. It didn't align with what was working so far this season, and whatever the plan was they didn't execute it. I would have fed Otis the ball more than we did.

Where has your O-Line been? They looked like a top end unit today, and Luepke was a dude. Together, they will do some damage going forward.

Noland is not a good QB. He had 1 or 2 nice passes all day, but as a veteran guy he is just not impressive. Hard to measure Cam Miller off of this game.

I'm sure there will be a lot of overreactions to this game, but I think the truth is in between the overreactions. UND is not quite to the point they have showed thus far. NDSU is not as bad as they looked thus far. That being said, UND is not a bad team if we look at the whole product of the season. More is needed to determine this. How do we bounce back. How do we play on the road against Youngstown. Ultimately where do we finish the season. NDSU is still not to the level they have been in the past. QB will limit them, but other than that, I didn't see much of a drop off in any other area, at least not today. Again, how does this team finish the season ... SDSU will be tough.

As a fan, it is certainly frustrating to see UND drop an opportunity like this in the fashion they did, but its football and that happens. Its not a game I wanted to see us lose, but at the end of the day UND is 4-1 with some solid wins, which is far better than most would have expected pre-season. So again, can we finish strong or do we fall apart; time will tell.

I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment. Not that it mattered, it didn't take much to outcoach Bubba today.

Anyhow, well done today. I'm sure you all enjoyed the ass kicking. I'd say best of luck, but lets be honest .....
    Thanks for coming back. Very nice post. UND has a good team this year. You are very accurate in your comments about NDSU football this year. QB is a big question and I hope we can keep Luepke healthy, this was his first game this year and what a difference he made in our offense.
    I'll keep watching UND to see if this was just a bump in the road or if this loss negatively affects the teams confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment.
    I absolutely love your coach. I think he's a great guy, real straight shooter with a brilliant football mind. Guy just exudes youth and energy. Must really connect with college aged kids. I know you guys just extended his contract, but if it isn't lifetime it isn't long enough.

What a game! Just like we've been saying all year. We need a bigger running back to compliment the speed backs. The O-line and TE blocking was incredible

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    I don't post much, so I'll get shit for this; but Lakes/El Chapo knows absolutely nothing about football. The Bison were young/inexperienced to start this bullshit Spring season, but in the two most important aspects of football - the O and D line of scrimmage the Bison have matured and are playing better game to game. The Bison have had great QB's through their history, but what's made them dominant at any point in time is the studs they have had on the line. If the O and D line continue to improve, the Bison will be fine whoever is at QB. And if Lakes/El Chapo has a problem with this post, or any other post, he can suck his own ass and shut the fuck up.
    Oddly what you just said is pretty close to what lakes thinks.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    Thanks for coming back. Very nice post. UND has a good team this year. You are very accurate in your comments about NDSU football this year. QB is a big question and I hope we can keep Luepke healthy, this was his first game this year and what a difference he made in our offense.
    I'll keep watching UND to see if this was just a bump in the road or if this loss negatively affects the teams confidence.
    I was surprised that with some of the questions at RB that I hadn't even heard luepke's name thrown around. I get the injury, but was there speculation as to when he would be back or was this a surprise. Either way, the kid is a load! Very impressed in him, and will be interested to see what he can do.

Worth pointing out that true freshman Grey Zabel came in at RG right before the long drive that iced the Illinois St game and then played pretty much the whole game today there today. That's a pretty interesting coincidence I thought... I think we've got a real good one in young Mr Zabel.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I absolutely love your coach. I think he's a great guy, real straight shooter with a brilliant football mind. Guy just exudes youth and energy. Must really connect with college aged kids. I know you guys just extended his contract, but if it isn't lifetime it isn't long enough.
    I've heard great things about Bubba and what people think of him. He must be a nice guy, and seems like he really cares about the kids. Kind of a cool photo posted pregame the other week of him and Hunter Pinke having a sideline chat before the game when the teams were in the locker room.

That being said, his interview are the most boring I've ever heard. Would be nice to see a little more emotion. I was not for the extension at the time, but if he can continue what he started this season and build off of it, then who am I to argue.