Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Default Re: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

If Zeb starts I dont think NDSU can win this game. If Cam starts I don't know if NDSU can win this game.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game is actually a litmus test right now because UN_ is already good and we are barely scrapping by bad teams. Our one decent opponent blew us out (though I tend to think that wouldn’t happen again). Defense was terrible against siu but they are better than that game. I’m excited about Cam starting but, even with last game we don’t know much about him. If we can sustain a few TD drives and d plays lights out we should beat anyone left on the schedule. This season is now on the O-line, Cam being efficient, and defense returning to championship run level nastiness

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    I've watched all of UND's games this year as well. Thanks ESPN+

They are winning by sustaining drives and playing some solid defense. They take a few shots downfield but a majority of their offense is quick WR screens, crossing patterns and picking some yards up on the ground. They are getting themselves into manageable 3rd downs by getting ahead of the chains.

I want to see NDSU stack the box and press their receivers hard. If UND gets behind the chains, NDSU is gonna dominate these guys.

As for their defense, they have absolutely no one that can cover Watson on deep routes or our TE's. The key here though is giving our QB enough time to get the ball out to them, which I'm a little skeptical on right now. Hopefully we get Cam to extend the plays out a bit with our Oline reeling.
    Ray Haas might be a good guy to cover TEs for us. He’s 6’5” and can run.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    If Zeb starts I dont think NDSU can win this game. If Cam starts I don't know if NDSU can win this game.
    If Zeb starts I don't think we win, if Cam starts I think we can win and wouldn't be surprised. IMO the jury is still out on how good UND really is. They are definitely a solid team but how good are they really in the landscape of the FCS over the last few years? I'm also starting to wonder how far NDSU has fallen(we'll worry about for how long later). Are we now in that tier right below 1 and 2(where 3-6/7 are really all about the same and not really close to 1 and 2) OR are we in that next tier of #10+?

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel like it may be a year were #10 is a lot closer to #1 where a lot of years recently #1 and #2 were clearly far superior to #3-10.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Yes but how much can he bench?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If Zeb starts I don't think we win, if Cam starts I think we can win and wouldn't be surprised. IMO the jury is still out on how good UND really is. They are definitely a solid team but how good are they really in the landscape of the FCS over the last few years? I'm also starting to wonder how far NDSU has fallen(we'll worry about for how long later). Are we now in that tier right below 1 and 2(where 3-6/7 are really all about the same and not really close to 1 and 2) OR are we in that next tier of #10+?

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel like it may be a year were #10 is a lot closer to #1 where a lot of years recently #1 and #2 were clearly far superior to #3-10.
    I’m certainly not convinced that we’re actually good this year, that’s for sure.

Yes but how much can he bench?
    More than little Radunz for sure

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.
    BUTT BUTT The rivalry is dead!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Default NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Fuck em...

Gonna have to make some supper bets with my mom and sister/BIL. Save some money there

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    That guy has a linebacker name. I feel like he needs to wear a neck roll and zero coverage responsibilities.
    College of Business Alumnus