Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Default NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

As Dom says, take the latest depth chart for what it’s worth......

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWD...30011090505734

The Fighting Hawks arrive at the FargoDome ranked #2 in the nation (4-0).
    They are already planning a celebration of being the bestest FCS Football Team ever, but hope our scrappy lads will have something to say about that......

Default Re: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Had they been pumping out depth charts like these a year ago they might've been able to help with the toilet paper shortage...

well we wanted it to be interesting again.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've watched all of UND's games this year as well. Thanks ESPN+

They are winning by sustaining drives and playing some solid defense. They take a few shots downfield but a majority of their offense is quick WR screens, crossing patterns and picking some yards up on the ground. They are getting themselves into manageable 3rd downs by getting ahead of the chains.

I want to see NDSU stack the box and press their receivers hard. If UND gets behind the chains, NDSU is gonna dominate these guys.

As for their defense, they have absolutely no one that can cover Watson on deep routes or our TE's. The key here though is giving our QB enough time to get the ball out to them, which I'm a little skeptical on right now. Hopefully we get Cam to extend the plays out a bit with our Oline reeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    well we wanted it to be interesting again.
    I’ll mark myself in the camp who didn’t want it interesting again... I also said that when they joined the Valley it would only be a matter of time. Did not think it would happen this soon.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’ll mark myself in the camp who didn’t want it interesting again... I also said that when they joined the Valley it would only be a matter of time. Did not think it would happen this soon.
    We have entered an alternate reality that does not have tailgating, has few fans at games, is played in the spring, UN_ is good at football, and NDSU struggles to win against everybody. I'm starting to think this is all a simulation and somebody dropped a virus* in the program.

*Pun intended**
    **Had to explain so RTO could keep up.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.

Fuck this changing of the guard shit. They have an advantage of not having anyone good enough for the NFL.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.
    Well put! Fortunately the 2015 & 2019 games happened, so they aren’t living in the “what if we had been MVFC sooner” world. I remember some of the media types saying that Grand Forks had everybody back - did not have any significant covid/transfer/career choice losses from the roster. Does anyone know something else?

Their 2 deep from last weekend shows a couple names starting I recognize whom transferred in.
    (Page 11)
    ILB - Devon Krzanowski (St Cloud St)
    WR - Jake Richter - (MSU Moorhead)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/undsports.c...Week_4_WIU.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    I've watched all of UND's games this year as well. Thanks ESPN+

They are winning by sustaining drives and playing some solid defense. They take a few shots downfield but a majority of their offense is quick WR screens, crossing patterns and picking some yards up on the ground. They are getting themselves into manageable 3rd downs by getting ahead of the chains.

I want to see NDSU stack the box and press their receivers hard. If UND gets behind the chains, NDSU is gonna dominate these guys.

As for their defense, they have absolutely no one that can cover Watson on deep routes or our TE's. The key here though is giving our QB enough time to get the ball out to them, which I'm a little skeptical on right now. Hopefully we get Cam to extend the plays out a bit with our Oline reeling.
    Have caught portions of a few of their games. This is a good description of their offense from what I've seen. Two strong running backs with a lot of quick outside passes and bubble screens to stretch the field. Think NDSU defense matches up well with a deep D line and quick linebackers. Offense needs to finally pull their shit together and sustain some drives.

Should be a good game.