Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Default Re: NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Some ND lawmakers are trying to propose a bill to play for the Nickel Trophy again.

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...otball-rivalry
    Don't these clowns have anything better to do then waste my tax dollars on this shit!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Some ND lawmakers are trying to propose a bill to play for the Nickel Trophy again.

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...otball-rivalry
    Let the record show that the individual who proposed the amendment is an NDSU grad.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.
    I would agree with most of what you said. Overall, the valley seems to be down a bit. I think you can take a lot of the comments about UND coming in and dominating The Valley as tongue in cheek. UND fans endured a few years of hearing nothing but how bad we were going to get beat up and be a basement team in the MVFC, so it is a little funny to have the start that we have had; which doesn't mean much if we go out and lose to Youngstown or Missouri St. I was impressed with SDSU, even USD to a point; considering the young QBs. Obviously losing Lance is huge for SU. SIU doesn't seem to know if they are good or not depending on the week, game, half or quarter.

I'm sure some UND fans are just excited that the team is playing well, while others will try to equate 1 season to a decade, but not me. Can't change anything about the past decade, NDSU dominated, UND did not; nothing more is needed to be said there. I will always wonder if UND could have kept the playing field more even had they transitioned to D1 at the same time as NDSU like they should have, but that is completely irrelevant and no longer matters. For UND the Spring needs to be viewed as an opportunity. Acclimate to the MVFC, develop young talent and get them game time experience, win games to start developing that winning culture, and get some regional exposure. Playoffs, Playoff Wins, a trip to Frisco, a National Championship .... obviously you want to see these things, but even if that happens, does that automatically mean the tides have turned, and UND owns the Valley? Hell No! Trying to make that kind of shift takes years, hell SDSU has been trying to knock you all off that top pedestal forever.

To me, one of UND's biggest opportunities this spring is to show they can win with some young talent and start winning some of the key regional recruiting battles. There have been a few guys over the past few years that have worked out in UNDs favor, but nowhere near the number of recruiting wins to sustain success. I'm sure that will be a highlight in the recruiting process if UND can manage to sweep the Dakota schools.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Don't these clowns have anything better to do then waste my tax dollars on this shit!
    No they don't. They can't even figure out how to spend any of the legacy fund money.

Here is an idea... let's find a trophy that actually represents the two universities. No idea what a Native American head has to do with this game.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kinda surprised the Bison are favored at -3.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Meh. I like it when the government doesn't do things. Less chance of fucking things up.

Anyhow, I would LOVE to play for the Nickel again.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    bruin. you dummy..
    a whole week without this would be better , treat them like western Illinois like they are. pathetic

i cant even sell my tickets for $75
    I'll buy your tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I herd from a dome authority that any wearing Sioux shit will be turned away.....something about the climate being hypersensitive and the authority not taking any risk offending....idk
    100% BS. Good luck with that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    I would agree with most of what you said. Overall, the valley seems to be down a bit. I think you can take a lot of the comments about UND coming in and dominating The Valley as tongue in cheek. UND fans endured a few years of hearing nothing but how bad we were going to get beat up and be a basement team in the MVFC, so it is a little funny to have the start that we have had; which doesn't mean much if we go out and lose to Youngstown or Missouri St. I was impressed with SDSU, even USD to a point; considering the young QBs. Obviously losing Lance is huge for SU. SIU doesn't seem to know if they are good or not depending on the week, game, half or quarter.

I'm sure some UND fans are just excited that the team is playing well, while others will try to equate 1 season to a decade, but not me. Can't change anything about the past decade, NDSU dominated, UND did not; nothing more is needed to be said there. I will always wonder if UND could have kept the playing field more even had they transitioned to D1 at the same time as NDSU like they should have, but that is completely irrelevant and no longer matters. For UND the Spring needs to be viewed as an opportunity. Acclimate to the MVFC, develop young talent and get them game time experience, win games to start developing that winning culture, and get some regional exposure. Playoffs, Playoff Wins, a trip to Frisco, a National Championship .... obviously you want to see these things, but even if that happens, does that automatically mean the tides have turned, and UND owns the Valley? Hell No! Trying to make that kind of shift takes years, hell SDSU has been trying to knock you all off that top pedestal forever.

To me, one of UND's biggest opportunities this spring is to show they can win with some young talent and start winning some of the key regional recruiting battles. There have been a few guys over the past few years that have worked out in UNDs favor, but nowhere near the number of recruiting wins to sustain success. I'm sure that will be a highlight in the recruiting process if UND can manage to sweep the Dakota schools.
    Hmmm... This seems fairly "even keel". Do you not follow Bisonville? We have more of a manic-depression vibe here.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I haven't paid nearly as much attention this year but listening to the Forum/WDAY guys, they don't give NDSU much of a chance. Oh well, I guess I can focus on some upcoming vacations and enjoying the summer and then get back to football in the fall.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!