Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SMU RB TaMerik Williams

Default Re: SMU RB Tamerik Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Unfortunately I dont think he fit the shot gun stuff too well.
    Yeah, that was probably the issue, it was criminal how much we snapped out of SG instead of under center this season.

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He should've had twice as many carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    He should've had twice as many carries.
    Agreed, so I went back and looked at King Frazier's senior year (as that's who I'd say compares well with TMak) and TMak had 110 less yards on 59 less carries (and 3 less TDs) for a 1.7 better YPC avg. Now we also had Dunn running wild that year with almost 1000 yards on 20 less carries than KF, Bruuuuce putting up decent numbers in relief and even Morlock for a change of pace and catching the wheel routes. This year neither Marshall nor Kpeenu added together had as many touches or yards as LD did by himself. The QB RO set has decimated our RB production.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Agreed, so I went back and looked at King Frazier's senior year (as that's who I'd say compares well with TMak) and TMak had 110 less yards on 59 less carries (and 3 less TDs) for a 1.7 better YPC avg. Now we also had Dunn running wild that year with almost 1000 yards on 20 less carries than KF, Bruuuuce putting up decent numbers in relief and even Morlock for a change of pace and catching the wheel routes. This year neither Marshall nor Kpeenu added together had as many touches or yards as LD did by himself. The QB RO set has decimated our RB production.
    The Entz-Roehl general theory was that QB run gave us an “extra” blocker (think RB). The problem was they misapplied their theory by running the read-option way too much, as read option does not actually give you an “extra” blocker because the RB isn’t in a place to make an effective block “play” side. QB power does give your the extra blocker, but it’s almost like Entz-Roehl forgot that their theory only applied to QB power. Plus, read option is more designed to slow up an aggressive D, not be a base offense IMO, and it seemed it kinda ended up being our base offense even when D wasn’t being overly aggressive—there was no need for them to be against our running game.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The Entz-Roehl general theory was that QB run gave us an “extra” blocker (think RB). The problem was they misapplied their theory by running the read-option way too much, as read option does not actually give you an “extra” blocker because the RB isn’t in a place to make an effective block “play” side. QB power does give your the extra blocker, but it’s almost like Entz-Roehl forgot that their theory only applied to QB power. Plus, read option is more designed to slow up an aggressive D, not be a base offense IMO, and it seemed it kinda ended up being our base offense even when D wasn’t being overly aggressive—there was no need for them to be against our running game.
    My problem with the QB run entirely. It is an effective package. It is not an offense you build around.

We had A LOT of success this year when we used it in appropriate situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I know TR went to it with Trey in the Natty but I think it was really built out and installed for QuincyP as the starter since he couldn't throw a pass and then it was just too much work for EntzRoehl to rebuild back the normal Bison offense when Cam took over.

(there's some sarcasm there and probably some truth mixed in... either way though, I really feel like TMak got screwed out of what could have been a stellar senior season.)

Totally agree. What team has been top of their league with our offensive scheme this year? Vince Young at Texas?? My issue is it can work and win games but it can’t own games. This year we needed our O to own games. And I feel like we had the oline and RBs to do this. Just not the philosophy. Hate to say this.

What was striking to me this year was how successful good old power I formation run attack was every time they lined up that way. I couldn't believe they weren't doing it more. Was I seeing or imagining things?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Tamerick was one of my favorites. He fit our ground and pound well. Unfortunately I dont think he fit the shot gun stuff too well. Good luck at the next level.
    We could have utilized him better out of the shotgun if we used the pistol but for some dumb reason we almost never did. He was better out of the I formation and so is most of our running game which can be done with RO out of the pistol. Just baffling to me.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    What was striking to me this year was how successful good old power I formation run attack was every time they lined up that way. I couldn't believe they weren't doing it more. Was I seeing or imagining things?
    It did appear they figured that out late in the year. Used it a lot at USD and in the Montana game.