Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New MVFC Blog

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New MVFC Blog

Not going to give it a click.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Not going to give it a click.
    Me either... anything coming from the "MVC" holds zero interest to me -- those schools were nothing in football before NDSU came on the scene...

Quote Originally Posted by MVCBeat View Post
    This week's power rankings are in, and they are not going to be popular on this board. I would probably be mad at me too if I were a Bison fan reading this. But I took the season on the whole and came up with this result.

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/p...power-rankings
    Stick to basketball.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This week's power rankings are in, and they are not going to be popular on this board. I would probably be mad at me too if I were a Bison fan reading this. But I took the season on the whole and came up with this result.

SDSU should be #1 imo. Your #2 team just got dominated by a team that doesn’t even have a qb.

Posted this on AGS as a rationale for my ranking of NDSU. Totally get the criticism and willing to debate if people want to do it civilly. Not going to come onto your board and engage in a flame war though. This is your territory, I get it. This was also before this week and we knew SIU lost to MSU. The beauty of the FCS is that it will all get sorted out on the field when its all said and done. Think the Bison can probably even lose to SDSU now and get in, since SIU is probably out of the picture. Not saying that you will lose, just saying that I think you're in better shape than when I originally wrote this.....

I get the criticism and it is fair. I especially see it coming from an NDSU perspective. Ya’ll think you should always be #1 and rightfully so because you have been #1 almost nonstop for a decade. NDSU kicked UND’s butt so how could they be behind them? My explanation is that I took a wholistic approach. If you look just beyond that game and are ranking the group as whole, you have this situation. NDSU beat UND, UND beat SIU (and SDSU), SIU beat NDSU (and lost to SDSU). I am not just ranking NDSU, I am ranking all the teams. Typically, I believe teams get bids not conferences. However this season, since there is very little nonconference play I do actually think conferences will essentially get bids instead of teams and think the Valley will get three. Right now, UND is still in better position to make it than NDSU in my opinion due to wins over SDSU and SIU. If North Dakota wins out (they play @YSU and vs. MSU so that is very possible) they are getting in. Even if they lose one, due to the wins they already have they have a very good chance. NDSU still has work to do since their only quality win is against UND and they got blown out by SIU. Assuming they beat South Dakota and UNI, they may still have to beat SDSU to get in. In the event SDSU beats NDSU, you’ve got SDSU and UND as probably locks (assuming they don’t stub their toe elsewhere) and a third spot would probably come down to NDSU and SIU (assuming SIU doesn’t also stub their toe which is not a given since they are running out of QBs). SIU kicked NDSU’s ass. So in that scenario you either need to take four from the MVFC or NDSU is probably getting left out.

That is my rationale. The Fighting Hawks have two quality wins and just have to beat two inferior (on paper) opponents to be a lock. SDSU has a non-blowout road loss to UND and a blowout win over SIU on the road (and a road win against UNI to boot). NDSU has a win over North Dakota at home and that is by far the best thing on their resume this spring. That is why I have them third. If NDSU wins their last three, they’re easily number 1. But as it is right now this week in the jumble that is the MVFC I just don’t see it that way.

Can easily make an argument that I am wrong. But that is my rationale.

All that said, here are my rankings for this week. Not much changed because not much happened.

All that said, here are my rankings for this week. Not much changed because not much happened.

So your rationale to rank UND higher than NDSU last week was because UND had two quality wins and NDSU only had one. Yet nothing changed this week? Even though a team NDSU beat thoroughly on the road (MSU) is now higher in your rankings than UND's 2nd quality win (SIU) and just beat SIU head-to-head. In other words you're still saying that UND beating SIU was a quality win but NDSU beating MSU wasn't?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So your rationale to rank UND higher than NDSU last week was because UND had two quality wins and NDSU only had one. Yet nothing changed this week? Even though a team NDSU beat thoroughly on the road (MSU) is now higher in your rankings than UND's 2nd quality win (SIU) and just beat SIU head-to-head. In other words you're still saying that UND beating SIU was a quality win but NDSU beating MSU wasn't?
    He watched 9 hours of hockey. Give him a break. Should rethink his name though. New kid on the valley block blog.

Lardsin must go!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Posted this on AGS as a rationale for my ranking of NDSU. Totally get the criticism and willing to debate if people want to do it civilly. Not going to come onto your board and engage in a flame war though. This is your territory, I get it. This was also before this week and we knew SIU lost to MSU. The beauty of the FCS is that it will all get sorted out on the field when its all said and done. Think the Bison can probably even lose to SDSU now and get in, since SIU is probably out of the picture. Not saying that you will lose, just saying that I think you're in better shape than when I originally wrote this.....

I get the criticism and it is fair. I especially see it coming from an NDSU perspective. Ya’ll think you should always be #1 and rightfully so because you have been #1 almost nonstop for a decade. NDSU kicked UND’s butt so how could they be behind them? My explanation is that I took a wholistic approach. If you look just beyond that game and are ranking the group as whole, you have this situation. NDSU beat UND, UND beat SIU (and SDSU), SIU beat NDSU (and lost to SDSU). I am not just ranking NDSU, I am ranking all the teams. Typically, I believe teams get bids not conferences. However this season, since there is very little nonconference play I do actually think conferences will essentially get bids instead of teams and think the Valley will get three. Right now, UND is still in better position to make it than NDSU in my opinion due to wins over SDSU and SIU. If North Dakota wins out (they play @YSU and vs. MSU so that is very possible) they are getting in. Even if they lose one, due to the wins they already have they have a very good chance. NDSU still has work to do since their only quality win is against UND and they got blown out by SIU. Assuming they beat South Dakota and UNI, they may still have to beat SDSU to get in. In the event SDSU beats NDSU, you’ve got SDSU and UND as probably locks (assuming they don’t stub their toe elsewhere) and a third spot would probably come down to NDSU and SIU (assuming SIU doesn’t also stub their toe which is not a given since they are running out of QBs). SIU kicked NDSU’s ass. So in that scenario you either need to take four from the MVFC or NDSU is probably getting left out.

That is my rationale. The Fighting Hawks have two quality wins and just have to beat two inferior (on paper) opponents to be a lock. SDSU has a non-blowout road loss to UND and a blowout win over SIU on the road (and a road win against UNI to boot). NDSU has a win over North Dakota at home and that is by far the best thing on their resume this spring. That is why I have them third. If NDSU wins their last three, they’re easily number 1. But as it is right now this week in the jumble that is the MVFC I just don’t see it that way.

Can easily make an argument that I am wrong. But that is my rationale.

TLDR. Go Panthers!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016