Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Better, but not a lot better. I really liked how we responded after the INT. I loved Entz being aggressive with the fake punt to keep that momentum.
    2) Zeb still questionable (outside of the last 30 seconds of a half). Guy has a rocket for an arm but seems like he Favre's it every single pass and I've yet to see him take his second read on a pass play.
    3) Running backs still a concern as well. Dom showed some progress and our lightning & lightning combo is fun but struggles between the tackles.
    4) Christian Watson, where are you?
    5) Tutsie is a missile. Davis is legit.
    6) Special teams, squad of the game. Great job guys.
    7) Bobby is Bo without the neanderathal charm.
    8) We will lose and lose badly to the upper teams in this conference if we don't continue to improve on offense but I feel much better than I did this time last week.
    Agree! Zeb having Favre-esque type arm...for sure. Like Favre he will throw the ball hard..and someone will catch it...maybe not always his teammate...but someone! THe team needs improvement on offense w/o question...get to the Bison tradition of moving the chains.

I thought the defense played well yesterday. Zero points in the second half is not acceptable. Zeb is still struggling throwing the ball. Other than the 81 yarder he was 9 of 14 for 56 yards, That's pathetic ! I think we're in trouble on offense the rest of the spring. Very one dimensional with no passing game. That does not bode well for our running game.

Lots of discussion about complaining. Div 1 football has moved completely to mobile QB's. Anything else is stuck in the past. Complaints are justified. Zeb is most likely a great person. That does not translate to a current successful QB. Bison are like everyone else, they have had the same amount of time to prepare. Fans should expect the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Lots of discussion about complaining. Div 1 football has moved completely to mobile QB's. Anything else is stuck in the past. Complaints are justified. Zeb is most likely a great person. That does not translate to a current successful QB. Bison are like everyone else, they have had the same amount of time to prepare. Fans should expect the same.
    true. so put him in the shotgun and lets gooo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    true. so put him in the shotgun and lets gooo
    Could you explain what you've been seeing from Zeb that makes you think 30 passes a game is a good idea? He doesn't read the field, he can't move around, and he's inaccurate.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Could you explain what you've been seeing from Zeb that makes you think 30 passes a game is a good idea? He doesn't read the field, he can't move around, and he's inaccurate.
    butt Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Is the Bison Report(I think it's Uglem) not doing any film breakdown this year? It was one of my favorite things on a site that I pay to read. I actually want to see a couple film breakdowns on Zeb. I know it's fun to do these when the team is dominant and all but I'm also interested in more insight on why they haven't been playing well from an Xs and Os + execution stand point.

EDIT: I just found the SIU film breakdown so apparently I wasn't looking hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    From what we've seen so far this spring, Zeb throwing 30 passes will give the Bison 12 completions, 3 picks, 4 sacks and a fumble.

For anyone that has Bison Report access it's definitely worth your time to read through the film review posts like the one I posted above. Some interesting non-fan takes. The one that stuck out to me the most from the SIU film review is Zeb does go through his reads and it shows when watching the all 22 film. He doesn't give Zeb any free passes though.