Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Thank you Scottie, you’ve brought me to my next rant: getting our starting offense meaningful reps is more important than lighting up the scoreboard. We are going to be a way different team when we go to play SDSU and UNI. This team will improve greatly as the season goes on, something that is typical for most other teams. We have been blessed the past 5 years with teams that pissed greatness starting in September. This is a new thing for Bison fans. Enjoy the ride.
    We're all just patiently waiting for coach to take his own advice.

Lardsin must go!

Sorry Kevin. You should see the rest of them.
    Travis Beck, Carlton Littlejohn, Joe May's & Austin Richard's would eat these guys alive
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Thanks for this post. Summarized the D performance and also overall perspective. Nice to see a turnover. Also, our blitzes got home frequently. Waage played really well and seems to be more dominant ever game.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I don’t see how folks are complaining about the defense. Were you expecting to hold Missouri State to negative points? Just stupidity.

Got the shutout, even with the offense turning the ball over just outside our red zone
    Held them to less than two yards per carry
    Only let up 5 yards per pass attempt
    Gave up less than 250 yards
    Forced a turnover

Yesterday was as close to textbook code green Bison defense as you’re going to see. If you’re coming here to complain about the defense you either are an idiot or have entitlement/victimhood issues. Damn I’m sick of people bitching all the time on here.

Do you realize that if we had a passing game we would have scored 50 points. All the teams will be playing 8-9 men in the box and single coverage on our WR. Our O-line did great but can only block so many guys.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Sorry Kevin. You should see the rest of them.
    Travis Beck, Carlton Littlejohn, Joe May's & Austin Richard's would eat these guys alive
    You think these guys would Tik tok??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Do you realize that if we had a passing game we would have scored 50 points. All the teams will be playing 8-9 men in the box and single coverage on our WR. Our O-line did great but can only block so many guys.
    We will see 8 in until Zeb shows he can beat it consistently.
    Bill Walsh came with Wco to beat the 85 Bears D.....
    Maybe the " long handoffs" is a strenghth of Zebs...had 1 good one vrs SIU..
    Gotta free up wr to give Zeb clean 1st looks with bunch sets, wr in motion, downfield picks to compete vrs jacks, Uni etc...
    Hope hedberg working on Zebs mechanics after seeing long balls sail consistently.

steelbison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    We will see 8 in until Zeb shows he can beat it consistently.
    Bill Walsh came with Wco to beat the 85 Bears D.....
    Maybe the " long handoffs" is a strenghth of Zebs...had 1 good one vrs SIU..
    Gotta free up wr to give Zeb clean 1st looks with bunch sets, wr in motion, downfield picks to compete vrs jacks, Uni etc...
    Hope hedberg working on Zebs mechanics after seeing long balls sail consistently.
    Great Post. Also looking for play action on first down and TE down the seam. How many times do we have to see the same roll out right two yard pass. My 5-6 grade teams ran a more complicated offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Great first half. 2nd half was working the clock

Defense. Pitched a shutout. 7 sacks. Physically did a number on those guys

Special teams - impressive AF

Offense - Ugly early on and then we ran the ball like men. The offense wasn't impressive, especially the passing game, but our running game and physicality won the game. They wanted nothing to do with out physical run game.3rd down passing game is so terrible.

Perfect Points. Your Spot on. I still want to see the 2nd half offense when we win the toss, take that ADVANTAGE of Bison Teams past and march down the field, and score...thats what Bison teams do in the 3rd qtr, and Roehl just is not playing to win, but to work on clock management and do the same old run A-Gap, dive right, dive left, then 3rd & 9 and our TE's or recievers don't seem to know to get past the first down marker??? Its so damn predictable.... and if we can only play 2 good qtrs of football we are toast against a better team like UND is right now. Put the damn throttle down, keep mixing up the offense like they did in the first half and get off the traditional ground and pound offense so your team can make some bigger offensive plays so when we MUST HAVE a big play they can do it beside the last plays hail mary's..... although I know Roehl is trying to teach them we can run the ball, wear the other team out, and then maybe break one as they were soo close many times, but CMon man, I want to see this team show their skilled players, Watson who? Should be 4 bombs to him, 1 in every qtr...but we don't WTH? The fastest big receiver we have had in years..... Where is #44 fullback/TE stud? havene't seen him? He should be a sophmore this year a killer freshman last year.

However if each game the team finds their identity, mojo, and improves that will get them in good position to win the conference, but i am not at all certain they might lose 1 or 2 more games with the schedule getting tougher after Ill. ST. SDSU, UNI, UND are good football teams and they will bring it to the Bison...this year...

And yes, why not let Miller do some play action passing to see what he's got, Zeb is a not a confident QB, not even a good game manager....just doesn't seem to know when to move before its too late...? Hes a senior my god!

I'm holding my breath this spring season, but if improvement comes every game then we should be OK. I think..?

Bison Bismarck Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    You think these guys would Tik tok??
    Butkus wouldn't Tik tok.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    If you had something that you don’t things would have gone better?