Page 89 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    My gut feeling on a lot of this coaching staff is that there is stubbornness and an unwillingness to admit things are not working. We cannot have our flaws and mistakes being "spun." Just admit problems and mistakes and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. This loss is going to have repercussions far beyond just a title game loss. I really miss Chris Kleiman's attitude as a coach. Calm and collected. He exuded confidence but still was humble and really had his student-athletes' backs. The buck stops here mentality. I wonder what our new NDSU president thinks of all of this. No doubt disappointed and President Cook has his own problems with budget issues but still a huge disappointment.
    It was hard watching KSU this year - the energy sort of felt like 2010 NDSU. Klieman is not perfect, he had his own faults, but he is just on a different level. He fired his buddy Mess, even though I'm 99% sure there it wasn't his fault(injuries played a factor). Accountability - change had to happen. Sometimes coordinators become the sacrificial lamb. Sure, we just lost in the title game, but it was HOW we lost. And unlike 2016, it doesn't feel like "phew, thank god that season is over, 17 looks bright!", it feels very much like...how far are we going to fall next year? another 3 loss season? 4 loss?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Is your OC doing the best he can with the tools he has?

I don't see a Jensen/Wentz/Stick/Lance and that, even with a top tier OL, has to impact up and down the offense and play selection.

That's still on coaching - hence why we are concerned. Has the slip happened behind the scenes and suddenly it smacked us in the face with no one doing anything? Is Entz asleep at the wheel, comfortable to have a seat at the table? We should have access to a highly rated QB prospect every year - we don't even need a Lance/Wentz, we won last year with a stud RB/FB combo. Obviously, losing lance to NFL super early took us off schedule on QB recruits, but it's not like we've lost a big one for playing time. Jensen wasn't insanely physically gifted and he had his share of ups and downs, but he made the most of what ability he had. At this point, the floor should be Jensen for us. We can miss, but there should be multiple in the system with similar ability if you miss on one. Gronowski was hardly recruited and came in as a true freshman. Are our evaluations slipping?

Something just seems...off. I don't remember Miller yelling "kill" very much, if at all, this season. Is he changing the plays? Is he allowed? Can he? Maybe he does it more than I realize, but others have echoed similar sentiments.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Also, who here thought that we’d be down 24 points late in the 3rd quarter and we’d still be huddling taking our sweet time then to just run the ball for a 1 yd gain to then huddle and do all over again eating clock? Especially knowing how our defense had been unable to slow down their offense.

Not me!! Thought our staff was better then that considering who we are and how we operate. I understand that guys need to be on the same page but for the life of me, show a little productive urgency.
    I understand grinding it out when we are leading, or there's plenty of time left. But a two year old could see we needed a hurry up offense. We don't seem to have anyone that knows what that means. It's like we're stuck in only one mode of operating.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I understand grinding it out when we are leading, or there's plenty of time left. But a two year old could see we needed a hurry up offense. We don't seem to have anyone that knows what that means. It's like we're stuck in only one mode of operating.
    As someone else suggested in the GDT I think, it's just like in the movie Miracle (and in real iife 1980) when the USSR was trailing the USA in the final minute and the Russian coach fails to pull their goalie. Being behind by that amount is such unfamiliar territory for this program they literally don't know what to do.
    Don't believe everything you think.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Is it so the commentary on tv or the radio can say “this is Bison football and they are showing that they will change for no one” QB does a goal line fake for a gain of 2 on our 37 yard line when it’s 2 and 17 because of a procedure pentalty.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    My gut feeling on a lot of this coaching staff is that there is stubbornness and an unwillingness to admit things are not working. We cannot have our flaws and mistakes being "spun." Just admit problems and mistakes and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. This loss is going to have repercussions far beyond just a title game loss. I really miss Chris Kleiman's attitude as a coach. Calm and collected. He exuded confidence but still was humble and really had his student-athletes' backs. The buck stops here mentality. I wonder what our new NDSU president thinks of all of this. No doubt disappointed and President Cook has his own problems with budget issues but still a huge disappointment.
    This is what got Rocky fired - teams adjusted to what we have done over and over for years without change. I've said it before Cam isn't a side line to side line qb. Why not adjust to his strengths and develop a more short passing game for the slot and over the middle? If TR can't see that then he needs to go.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It was hard watching KSU this year - the energy sort of felt like 2010 NDSU. Klieman is not perfect, he had his own faults, but he is just on a different level. He fired his buddy Mess, even though I'm 99% sure there it wasn't his fault(injuries played a factor). Accountability - change had to happen. Sometimes coordinators become the sacrificial lamb. Sure, we just lost in the title game, but it was HOW we lost. And unlike 2016, it doesn't feel like "phew, thank god that season is over, 17 looks bright!", it feels very much like...how far are we going to fall next year? another 3 loss season? 4 loss?

That's still on coaching - hence why we are concerned. Has the slip happened behind the scenes and suddenly it smacked us in the face with no one doing anything? Is Entz asleep at the wheel, comfortable to have a seat at the table? We should have access to a highly rated QB prospect every year - we don't even need a Lance/Wentz, we won last year with a stud RB/FB combo. Obviously, losing lance to NFL super early took us off schedule on QB recruits, but it's not like we've lost a big one for playing time. Jensen wasn't insanely physically gifted and he had his share of ups and downs, but he made the most of what ability he had. At this point, the floor should be Jensen for us. We can miss, but there should be multiple in the system with similar ability if you miss on one. Gronowski was hardly recruited and came in as a true freshman. Are our evaluations slipping?

Something just seems...off. I don't remember Miller yelling "kill" very much, if at all, this season. Is he changing the plays? Is he allowed? Can he? Maybe he does it more than I realize, but others have echoed similar sentiments.
    Mentioned this earlier, but all this “personnel groupings” needs to be jettisoned. Hell, before the ball is snapped the next “group” is already ready to go in and, regardless of outcome of play, out they go. Which tells me TR is not calling plays on the fly very well/if at all.

Plus, once these “grouping” leave the huddle and go to LOS, they then constantly flip sides or motion, but the D sure as hell isn’t confused by it or exposed, as it might move a LB slightly and or bring a safety up closer. Nothing major.

Also, even yesterday (our 15th game) I saw many times various receivers in the various groupings struggling to figure out/understand which was supposed to be cover the tackle, etc.

Finally relative to these groupings, you can’t tell me we have 6-8 offensive skill players with equal talent that justifies playing all of them all the time. Let’s get back to our best players getting 90% or better if snaps until and if the game is in hand That’s when you bring in the non-starters and or younger players for “meaningful” snaps.

I don’t mind the DL rotation, but not sure we had enough comparable talent there to do it as much as we did this year.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well, one possible explanation is that when they finally did deviate from SOP then our QB delivered two INT to the oppo and finished our scant hopes.

Box score PxP for your review here. Jump to Q4. https://gobison.com/sports/football/...boxscore/16098

Edit: exec summary - we keep running because our passing game just ain't good enough
    No I’m well aware of the game summary, thanks. I made this point in the GDT, too, and again, imo it comes down to play calling… what is Cam supposed to do when he’s down 3 scores and gets 1:2 pass:run play calls? Of course he is going to try and force something because he’s a smart kid and he knows it’s his only reasonable chance to advance the ball and score points.

I agree with EZ, too… something seems off.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    HEDBERG SHOULD RETIRE

TYLER TAKES HIS ASST HC JOB & takes back RB/TE

Bring in a creative OC to complement the usual Bison Offense over the years.
    I'm re-posting. This needs to be done FOR THE SAKE OF THIS PROGRAM.

Then reach out to Easton Stick & Make Him Offensive Coordinator.. I'm not kidding. Young 26 a NFL Mind , play calling for NDSU would be like sleep walking for him.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    This is what got Rocky fired - teams adjusted to what we have done over and over for years without change. I've said it before Cam isn't a side line to side line qb. Why not adjust to his strengths and develop a more short passing game for the slot and over the middle? If TR can't see that then he needs to go.
    Bingo. Cam is not perfect but he can make throws and he’s every bit as good a passer as Gronowski. Scheme and play calling is the issue, not our players.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    When Miller was 1/12 against UIW and was very clearly out of sync, Roehl never called a single play to get his rhythm going. You can help your QB start to feel it a bit, and this kind of ties into what CAS says below about TR not calling plays on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Mentioned this earlier, but all this “personnel groupings” needs to be jettisoned. Hell, before the ball is snapped the next “group” is already ready to go in and, regardless of outcome of play, out they go. Which tells me TR is not calling plays on the fly very well/if at all.

Plus, once these “grouping” leave the huddle and go to LOS, they then constantly flip sides or motion, but the D sure as hell isn’t confused by it or exposed, as it might move a LB slightly and or bring a safety up closer. Nothing major.

Also, even yesterday (our 15th game) I saw many times various receivers in the various groupings struggling to figure out/understand which was supposed to be cover the tackle, etc.

Finally relative to these groupings, you can’t tell me we have 6-8 offensive skill players with equal talent that justifies playing all of them all the time. Let’s get back to our best players getting 90% or better if snaps until and if the game is in hand That’s when you bring in the non-starters and or younger players for “meaningful” snaps.

I don’t mind the DL rotation, but not sure we had enough comparable talent there to do it as much as we did this year.
    Agreed, what happened to best player plays? Our WRs shouldn't need a break every play, get some continuity with the best players and have the depth guy ready to spell him. Skill players don't need to be rotated as often as trench guys - which is something that has benefited us greatly through the years. Really frustrated with the seemingly incoherent rotating of RBs too. Leupke was the victim of this at times as well, when he was clearly our best skill position player on offense.

It just feels very willy nilly and without a real big picture plan.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.