Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Not sure that using raw numbers for comparative purposes works here. Effectiveness would be a better comparison, but not sure if those number exist/can be calculated. I know what the “eye-ball” looks like tho.

Remember the Stick to Shep TD pass in the Natty? Thing of beauty, from formation, pattern and throw.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not sure that using raw numbers for comparative purposes works here. Effectiveness would be a better comparison, but not sure if those number exist/can be calculated. I know what the “eye-ball” looks like tho.

Remember the Stick to Shep TD pass in the Natty? Thing of beauty, from formation, pattern and throw.
    Agree. It was also beautifully set up from early play calling

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Agree. It was also beautifully set up from early play calling
    Not to be arguementative but if I remember the post game press conference correctly it was more a weakness in a particular defensive formation than play calling setup. In other words if they got that defense with the Bison in that particular offensive formation they knew they could put the safety in a situation where he had to choose between 2 different receivers....at least that's what I remember.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I agree raw numbers don't work I was playing devils advocate, but the fall off isn't as pronounced as one would expect. Also I would say its fair to say that defensively we are much maligned due to injuries, hell for that matter on offense too. I think that sometimes the play calling gets choked down so as to not put this defense in difficult positions. The d-line is incredibly young and inexperienced. If you look at our red zone defense it pales in comparison to years past. So I think some of that plays into maybe not being as aggressive as we would be with a more dominant defense. Just my opinion. All I know is there are a crap load of teams that would love to be in the position we are in worrying about how far we have fallen while we play for our 10th Natty. Give this team three weeks to prepare and have wrinkles in place, to get a few guys healthy and I like our chances against anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    I agree raw numbers don't work I was playing devils advocate, but the fall off isn't as pronounced as one would expect. Also I would say its fair to say that defensively we are much maligned due to injuries, hell for that matter on offense too. I think that sometimes the play calling gets choked down so as to not put this defense in difficult positions. The d-line is incredibly young and inexperienced. If you look at our red zone defense it pales in comparison to years past. So I think some of that plays into maybe not being as aggressive as we would be with a more dominant defense. Just my opinion. All I know is there are a crap load of teams that would love to be in the position we are in worrying about how far we have fallen while we play for our 10th Natty. Give this team three weeks to prepare and have wrinkles in place, to get a few guys healthy and I like our chances against anybody.
    “Peace Out” on this topic until after Natty. We’ll see what happens.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    Passing by season Rushing by season total
    2011-172 ypg ..... 173.3..... 345.3
    2012-167 ypg ..... 203.5..... 370.5
    2013-200 ypg..... 215.3..... 415.3
    2014-197 ypg ..... 235.3..... 432.5
    2015-186 ypg ..... 236.7..... 422.7
    2016-167 ypg ..... 240.9..... 407.9
    2017-176 ypg..... 272.2..... 448.2
    2018-185 ypg..... 286.2..... 471.2
    2019-181 ypg..... 287.6..... 486.6
    2020/21 123 ypg..... 218.3..... 341.3
    2021-150 ypg..... 280.6..... 430.6
    2022-127 ypg..... 273.3..... 400.3

Twelve season average 414.3 Yards per game. Seems pretty on par and exceeds the Jenson years. Falls short of the 3 last QB's who all seem to be playing on Sundays. Maybe we have gotten too used to greatness to understand just how difficult it is to stay at the top when everybody has you in their crosshairs.
    It seems like we are running more and maybe passing a little less? Cam has been fairly efficient passing. But we may need to rely on his arm more this Sunday. It seems like Cam struggles with the deep balls, he has to take an extra step or two back in order to throw deep. I wish we would use more play action, running on the move instead of all these sideline/comeback routes.

please throw a screen pass or 3. DJ mcnorton middle screen?
    Also Jet sweeps, reverses. we only have 2 rbs.. need help
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    please throw a screen pass or 3. DJ mcnorton middle screen?
    Also Jet sweeps, reverses. we only have 2 rbs.. need help
    3 rbs as the QB will not throw a pass...

Funny watching all of Dom's clips from past years and all the throws and screens we did that we don't anymore...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Andy on the Insiders just said that TR will hold nothing back for this game... Has he watched a game the last 3 years?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Andy on the Insiders just said that TR will hold nothing back for this game... Has he watched a game the last 3 years?
    What this means is that when it's 3rd and less than 10 he could call QB draw left, QB draw right, or QB power... how can the SDSU defense possibly prepare for all of that???