Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Play calling was awful pre Miller. Has been very good since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Inserting Miller in as the starting QB was clearly a defining pivot moment to the season. It changed EVERYTHING!! A credible passing threat (defined as a completion percentage north of 61-62%??) is clearly essential to the success of our offense and opening up the playbook. It seems early on the coaches valued (over-valued?) the QB run game more than efficient QB play (call it the Trey Lance hangover?). Once they realized a more efficient QB was more essential and went back to a West Coast style offense featuring a RB led power run game, everything started to fall into place offensively.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Hear me out here: The two highest pass efficiency ratings in NDSU history have come since Tyler Roehl has become OC. And when I watch QB highlights, the number of times we've got the receiver (be it a WR, a TE, or RB) wide open is incredible - vs the Bobcats is just the latest example.

So how do the Bisonville offensive experts tell that a perceived offensive problem is the result of playcalling rather than execution (i.e. taking the under across the middle, for example, when it's wide open) or just good defense? A lot of the complaints sound like somebody watching Kasparov play chess and complaining that he doesn't use the knights enough.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hear me out here: The two highest pass efficiency ratings in NDSU history have come since Tyler Roehl has become OC. And when I watch QB highlights, the number of times we've got the receiver (be it a WR, a TE, or RB) wide open is incredible - vs the Bobcats is just the latest example.

So how do the Bisonville offensive experts tell that a perceived offensive problem is the result of playcalling rather than execution (i.e. taking the under across the middle, for example, when it's wide open) or just good defense? A lot of the complaints sound like somebody watching Kasparov play chess and complaining that he doesn't use the knights enough.
    Knights are underrated bro

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Trey Lance 28 td 0 ints would make Kevin look good at OC too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Trey Lance 28 td 0 ints would make Kevin look good at OC too
    You can't even spell oc bro don't come at me i'll body u
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I forgot, what is the number for 911
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I forgot, what is the number for 911
    just call the coroner bro 241-9000
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Just to play Devils advocate, the 2020 offense was one of the worst in Bison history. But that's water under the bridge. He was great when we needed him to be great this year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Just to play Devils advocate, the 2020 offense was one of the worst in Bison history. But that's water under the bridge. He was great when we needed him to be great this year.
    And I think the relatively poor 2020 COVID season performance had to do with poor execution on our part and the opposing defenses outplaying our offense.

The two highest passer efficiencies have come under Roehl and both with freshman QBs - and that's in only two full seasons of being the OC. I mean, sure, Trey Lance is an incredible talent but look at his highlight tape - on the majority of the big passes, the defenders weren't close enough to even photobomb a picture of the catch.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And I think the relatively poor 2020 COVID season performance had to do with poor execution on our part and the opposing defenses outplaying our offense.

The two highest passer efficiencies have come under Roehl and both with freshman QBs - and that's in only two full seasons of being the OC. I mean, sure, Trey Lance is an incredible talent but look at his highlight tape - on the majority of the big passes, the defenders weren't close enough to even photobomb a picture of the catch.
    More about the Jimmy's and the Joe's than the X's and the O's.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck