Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

that last drive when ndsu was only down 3.

roehl shouldve thrown a couple in the flat and mixed it up.

instead a deep pass on 1st. run on 2nd (fumbled) then pass on 3rd & 11
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 04-19-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think Coach Roehl would make a much better Head Coach than O.C.
    Anyway Coach Entz makes him an Asst Head Coach and then find a different O.C for this fall?
    that would help this program.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I think Coach Roehl would make a much better Head Coach than O.C.
    Anyway Coach Entz makes him an Asst Head Coach and then find a different O.C for this fall?
    that would help this program.
    ....yeah I'm sure the dude would be more than happy to take a big ass demotion.
    College of Business Alumnus

Man I'd hate to work for a lot of you. There are WAY too many factors at play with this team and this season to determine ONE person is at fault. I'm not ready to anoint Roehl and have hated some of his timing of plays but I can point out 10 other issues that could contribute to this team looking terrible on offense.

The one thing I think he deserves blame on as well as all the other O coaches is not putting Cam in earlier this season. And I am basing that on getting a young guy reps and ready for the fall and beyond in this odd year and less on Zeb's performance. I just think they should have had a growth mindset to the spring and once they picked Zeb they weren't willing to make that change until absolutely necessary.

When you have two TE's that are each 6'6", wide bodied, athletic, can jump and run, guess what, they are open 100% of the time. You can't cover them. Throw them the damn ball. You don't even have to make a good throw as Babicz showed us on an underthrown ball that he took to the house. Have them run 7 yards and cut in or out and throw it all fucking day. Do that 5 out of 10 plays and guess who gets open for a bomb down field, Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    When you have two TE's that are each 6'6", wide bodied, athletic, can jump and run, guess what, they are open 100% of the time. You can't cover them. Throw them the damn ball. You don't even have to make a good throw as Babicz showed us on an underthrown ball that he took to the house. Have them run 7 yards and cut in or out and throw it all fucking day. Do that 5 out of 10 plays and guess who gets open for a bomb down field, Watson.

WASNT ROEHL THE TE COACH?? you'd think hed understand this.

hell. Gindorff running 7 yards & boxing out a shrimp qb should be used 5-6 times a game

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Man - Jim you should be coaching or you and I have the same damn opinion on the biggest 2 boys on the field hardly being looked at when you need 6yards or 7 yard, 6 6 and 6 5 man no way any linebacker can stop a simple route out for 7 or 8 yards or down the middle 5 to 8 yards Cmon Man use those big boys... We all can see it from Bismarck!
    Roehl needs to hand over the play calling to someone else who gives the qb 2 options or run, check 1 check 2, run for your life Cam..... He's got good feet and instincts, just a frosh....getting better as the season goes....next season will be a fight for qb with Quincy from Virginia Tech, so who knows...lets see if they can get a playoff win and get that Bison confidence back and swagger.....I just don't trust Roehls play calling, Miller is not Trey Lance so don't make him run all the damn time...

The only reason NDSU lost to Jacks was because they had almost 4 weeks to prepare for Roehls constant run up the gut, run up the gut QB run, then its 3rd and 11....gee how about some imagination....pull out some gadget plays what the hell are you holding back for....SDSU knows us like a book!

1 out of 3 starters are freshmen so its tough to watch....as they are learning on the fly, no leaders out on the field, can't believe it. I was at the game saturday. No Spark, no energy from coaches or top players!

Thanks for your good input, keep it up.

NodakBisman - Gfettig.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Man - Jim you should be coaching or you and I have the same damn opinion on the biggest 2 boys on the field hardly being looked at when you need 6yards or 7 yard, 6 6 and 6 5 man no way any linebacker can stop a simple route out for 7 or 8 yards or down the middle 5 to 8 yards Cmon Man use those big boys... We all can see it from Bismarck!
    Roehl needs to hand over the play calling to someone else who gives the qb 2 options or run, check 1 check 2, run for your life Cam..... He's got good feet and instincts, just a frosh....getting better as the season goes....next season will be a fight for qb with Quincy from Virginia Tech, so who knows...lets see if they can get a playoff win and get that Bison confidence back and swagger.....I just don't trust Roehls play calling, Miller is not Trey Lance so don't make him run all the damn time...

The only reason NDSU lost to Jacks was because they had almost 4 weeks to prepare for Roehls constant run up the gut, run up the gut QB run, then its 3rd and 11....gee how about some imagination....pull out some gadget plays what the hell are you holding back for....SDSU knows us like a book!

1 out of 3 starters are freshmen so its tough to watch....as they are learning on the fly, no leaders out on the field, can't believe it. I was at the game saturday. No Spark, no energy from coaches or top players!

Thanks for your good input, keep it up.

NodakBisman - Gfettig.
    That wasn’t the only reason we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    That wasn’t the only reason we lost.
    Totally agree the tight end use is a mystery, ridiculous such good players, oh yeah where is Bussey? That dude is a great change of pace option.

Miller can run when he has to otherwise open the play book air it, win and move on

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Totally agree the tight end use is a mystery, ridiculous such good players, oh yeah where is Bussey? That dude is a great change of pace option.

Miller can run when he has to otherwise open the play book air it, win and move on
    I agree, where is Bussey? If you have a back averaging 10 ypc he is not getting the ball enough!