Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1142

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Which to me is why it's so aggravating when some respond to criticism of Roehl with comments about YPC or TDs scored by the QBs, etc. It's not that we don't like or want QB runs to be part of the system. The way QB runs used to be "sprinkled" in was really effective and not relied upon on EVERY important down of a game.
    Yes, the big run by Easton Stick at the end of the Iowa game comes to mind. Worked great when it wasn't the "go to" play in the offense at that point in time.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Yes, the big run by Easton Stick at the end of the Iowa game comes to mind. Worked great when it wasn't the "go to" play in the offense at that point in time.
    Or Stick's last run as a Bison with the TD against EWU in Frisco. 12:33 mark of this video. Watch how the EWU secondary bites on the fake, and it all opens up for Stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rLgXiVo-U

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Or Stick's last run as a Bison with the TD against EWU in Frisco. 12:33 mark of this video. Watch how the EWU secondary bites on the fake, and it all opens up for Stick.

It's interesting to see that in all those highlight plays Easton is almost always in shotgun and not under center. In fact I'm not sure there was even a single under center snap. He also almost always elected to keep on the read option plays. Huh.
    Don't believe everything you think.

AlumniGreen is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Angry Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    It's interesting to see that in all those highlight plays Easton is almost always in shotgun and not under center. In fact I'm not sure there was even a single under center snap. He also almost always elected to keep on the read option plays. Huh.
    Nostalgia to see this before everything went to pot.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post

On the first play of the video, Stick goes through 2 or 3 reads looking at different receivers before dumping it off to Dunn.

Haven't seen that happen in a while.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Right. I don't know anyone that is saying we shouldn't run the QB or the Read Option, just not on every single play that matters through the course of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Right. I don't know anyone that is saying we shouldn't run the QB or the Read Option, just not on every single play that matters through the course of a game.
    And let's be real, we don't have Stick or Lance at QB right now, maybe 2 of the best runners in the history of a program with a history of great runners. Good coaches adapt the scheme to fit the players they have, not force the players they have to play away from their strengths. I think Cam is as good as Brock, but it doesn't seem like he is being given the tools/keys to play to his strengths.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

like i said in the breakout star thread.

Tyler needs to get TK and RAJA into SPACE.... throw a swing pass or GOD FORBID a SCREEN!!

we haven't all year correct?

Also, it appears we are stuck with CAM, so we all know he can't take over a game or win it on his own, so please get our playmakers out in space!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    And let's be real, we don't have Stick or Lance at QB right now, maybe 2 of the best runners in the history of a program with a history of great runners. Good coaches adapt the scheme to fit the players they have, not force the players they have to play away from their strengths. I think Cam is as good as Brock, but it doesn't seem like he is being given the tools/keys to play to his strengths.
    I agree that Cam has at least as good of a skillset as Brock but he is being asked to be Lance. And great point about Stick, he was easily the second best pure runner at QB behind Lance in the DI era.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    like i said in the breakout star thread.

Tyler needs to get TK and RAJA into SPACE.... throw a swing pass or GOD FORBID a SCREEN!!

we haven't all year correct?

Also, it appears we are stuck with CAM, so we all know he can't take over a game or win it on his own, so please get our playmakers out in space!
    To be fair ... there are almost no football players that can do that at any level. It took an athlete WAY above the level of his peers in FCS to do that. I was hard on Cam in the last three years but it's clear to me now that he CAN win the Bison games IF he is put in the right situations. His passing stats are unreal this year, let the guy throw the damn ball more and let the RBs take the load of his shoulders trying to gain the tough yards.