Page 78 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Roehl just seems to run so hot and cold as a play caller. That's probably how most young OCs are???

One thing that gives me hope is I thought Roehl did a fantastic job with the 3 weeks off before last year's natty installing some new offensive wrinkles like lining up Watson in the backfield and getting him matched up with a LB and giving Luepke a direct snap package not to mention the lethal Quincy Patterson QB run package. Sad thing is none of those guys are on this year's team but Roehl has to know his offense needs to get more creative if they're going to consistently move the ball on SDSU's defense.
    I would love to see some sort of wrinkle to the outside QB run...something similar to the Henderson 2 point conversion. Get Cam out on the outside with an RPO...we'll have to be able to complete the pass, which didnt look too promising on Friday, but it will at least make the LBs and Safeties less aggressive down hill
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I'm not sure why y'all focus so steadily on TR's misgivings. How has Braun mostly escape scrutiny? While there's certainly been some questionable offensive playcalling at times this season - which by the way has been somewhat par for the course during all but 2 or 3 of NDSU's D1 championship seasons - the defensive toughness/discipline/technique has continued to struggle under Braun's watch in a way that our D1 years haven't really seen before. Guys are often out of position and aren't as sound of tacklers these days. They also seem to get gassed more easily, probably because they're having trouble getting off the field.

Before you give Braun an out because of all of the defensive injuries, remember that the offense has had a similar, if not worse, problem with guys getting hurt. I'm putting this comment on TR's thread because the double standard makes me crazy. Tyler isn't perfect. He's still pretty young. But there ain't a guy on the coaching staff that bleeds more green than him.
    Because it's easier to be critical of the OC when plays don't work. It had to be the wrong play call. It could never be because the players failed to execute. Or the defense had a play call that matched up with the Bison offensive play call. Or a defender just made a great read or great play.

Does he make incorrect play calls? Absolutely. But I would have no idea which ones were bad play calls and which were bad execution.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Does Cam have the ability to audible when he looks up and sees 8 or 9 guys in the box?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Does Cam have the ability to audible when he looks up and sees 8 or 9 guys in the box?
    The Bison offense has generally been a 2 play at a time offense. The qb can kill to second play.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The Bison offense has generally been a 2 play at a time offense. The qb can kill to second play.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    If that’s true how come Cam rarely audibles. For sure way less than any of our previous QBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    If that’s true how come Cam rarely audibles. For sure way less than any of our previous QBs

Because it was the same offense for them too?
    Because they all went on to have long (or will be long) NFL careers?
    Because our memories of them are positively skewed because of the success the team had during their time at NDSU?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

you are correct. very seldom audibles.
    Wentz Stick Lance all were changing things at the line.

Like I said I hope this 2 week break allows Roehl to reach out to former ndsu coaches players and figure out this sdsu defense
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about this for a wrinkle?? Put in the option. At least one of the playoff games that would have been nice to have to hold the defense in the middle of the field but then able to get on in space quickly.

was watching some old psu classics on the BTN would love to see me some RB draw plays soooooo slick

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good luck slick. Between this, rb screens, and just plain swing passes to the RBs we have all been begging for this stuff for a while to make Cams life easier.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.