Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz, Roehl, and company will improve or they will continue to call SDSU and their coaching staff their daddy. SDSU surpassed NDSU with inferior talent because SDSU's coaches were forced to beat NDSU by out-scheming them. NDSU's coaches haven't had to outscheme anyone over the last 5+ years - now they do if only for SDSU. That opportunity will make them better.
    That’s they question: Will they or won’t they. I’m skeptical but I hope you’re right. I would gladly be wrong about Roehl and I’ll eat crow while celebrating number 10 (18) next year…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Entz, Roehl, and company will improve or they will continue to call SDSU and their coaching staff their daddy. SDSU surpassed NDSU with inferior talent because SDSU's coaches were forced to beat NDSU by out-scheming them. NDSU's coaches haven't had to outscheme anyone over the last 5+ years - now they do if only for SDSU. That opportunity will make them better.
    Has a single player left on the team played a meaningful role in beating SDSU? By the time they play again it will be four years since beating them.
    College of Business Alumnus

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Has a single player left on the team played a meaningful role in beating SDSU? By the time they play again it will be four years since beating them.
    Yes players and coaches since Entz has taken Over have been owned by SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Yes players and coaches since Entz has taken Over have been owned by SDSU.

You’re forgetting 4th and 1 …

Last edited by TAILG8R; 02-20-2023 at 03:17 PM.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You’re forgetting 4 and 1 …

Yes Entz is 1-4 against SDSU losing four in a row. You don’t call that getting owned?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Yes Entz is 1-4 against SDSU losing four in a row. You don’t call that getting owned?

I do. I was just pointing out this little play https://youtu.be/PaYLCColxh4?t=603

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That’s they question: Will they or won’t they. I’m skeptical but I hope you’re right. I would gladly be wrong about Roehl and I’ll eat crow while celebrating number 10 (18) next year…
    I guarantee they'll get better. Whether their "better" is good enough to get NDSU back to the top remains to be seen. Both Entz and Roehl are in their respective positions for the first time in their coaching careers and I'd bet both would say they're better than they were 4 years ago but nothing makes you get better like failing. The remarkable thing about this NDSU program for the last 10 years is it continued to get better despite rarely failing. There was a lot of fortunate timing to that too IMO. Just look at everyone's favorite Bison OC Courtney Messingham. He was ran out as Iowa St OC a few years before he was here and ran out as K-State OC a few years after he left. Hell, it took ol' Stiggy 30 years to finally figure it out (and get that fortunate timing on his side).

No one knows the blue print for success at NDSU any better than Entz and Roehl right now - I'd say they have as good of a shot as anyone willing to coach in their respective positions at NDSU of figuring it out again and they deserve that opportunity.

There's also no guarantee SDSU will be the top dog next year. Only five schools have won two or more championships in a row to combine for 14 repeat champions. Six of those repeat champions are NDSU with GSU being the only other team with more than two.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I guarantee they'll get better. Whether their "better" is good enough to get NDSU back to the top remains to be seen. Both Entz and Roehl are in their respective positions for the first time in their coaching careers and I'd bet both would say they're better than they were 4 years ago but nothing makes you get better like failing. The remarkable thing about this NDSU program for the last 10 years is it continued to get better despite rarely failing. There was a lot of fortunate timing to that too IMO. Just look at everyone's favorite Bison OC Courtney Messingham. He was ran out as Iowa St OC a few years before he was here and ran out as K-State OC a few years after he left. Hell, it took ol' Stiggy 30 years to finally figure it out (and get that fortunate timing on his side).

No one knows the blue print for success at NDSU any better than Entz and Roehl right now - I'd say they have as good of a shot as anyone willing to coach in their respective positions at NDSU of figuring it out again and they deserve that opportunity.
    I’m skeptical and I hope I’m wrong. If they figure it out and find a way to win another Championship I’ll be the first to eat crow and I’ll even let thunderingherd serve it to me on a pumpkin shaped platter…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The most stupidest thing I have heard ever. This is up there with your previous comment, "TR does not dial up passing plays because he is saving them for playoffs"