Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    The Bison offense might be the most predictable offense in all of college football. That's fine when we can just bully crap teams. The old, enforce our will upon them, drivel.

That doesn't work against solid competition. The offense needs to be balanced and keep the defense guessing at what's coming next.

Only fools try to run up the gut against stacked boxes.

Anybody know how Oscar Benson ended up in coverage on their super fast tailback?? Ya'know, the TD pass play.

I would have had Cole throw a 60 yard bomb down field in the 1st quarter. I would have had Hegerle use one of his 4 redshirt games as well. Just having him run a few go routes would have made the defense pay attention to the whole field.

The way things were, I'm sure every time Cole checked in they knew the ball was not going to be thrown.
    Not happy with 400 yards of offense and Winning top. For fucksakes they only punted twice. They controlled the majority of the game. They had a good game plan, def struggled and there were a few timely mistakes. End of story. I'll be shocked if this team doesn't roll to another div II championship

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not talking about systems. Our offense now looks a little different then 2011 but it’s run oriented and physical
    I like this offense 10x more than the 2011 one. If the "we are so predictable" thing was actually true, then why are do we have guys wide open on big passing plays? Hint: it's because NDSU's offense is like a boxer working the body.

Now, I wouldn't have minded if we had thrown to number 0 on a deep pass when he lined up in the slot, but NDSU fooled me and ran right and gained 20 yards or something. What we needed in this game was for the defense to make some big plays like they have done multiple times in every other game FBS game we've played - but they did not. They played hard and Kaczor was amazing, but that wasn't a good defense result. Don't get me wrong - I don't blame the DC for his play calling / scheme - there are a lot of young guys out there and hopefully they get better. NDSU needs to stop the other team's offense from having FIVE!!! 8+ play drives if they want to win - unless you think that NDSU's offense should, by dint of miraculous playcalling, score a TD on every freaking drive.
    Last edited by tony; 09-20-2022 at 04:06 PM.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I like this offense 10x more than the 2011 one. If the "we are so predictable" thing was actually true, then why are do we have guys wide open on big passing plays? Hint: it's because NDSU's offense is like a boxer working the body.

Now, I wouldn't have minded if we had thrown to number 0 on a deep pass when he lined up in the slot, but NDSU fooled me and ran right and gained 20 yards or something. What we needed in this game was for the defense to make some big plays like they have done multiple times in every other game FBS game we've played - but they did not. They played hard and Kaczor was amazing, but that wasn't a good defense result. Don't get me wrong - I don't blame the DC for his play calling / scheme - there are a lot of young guys out there and hopefully they get better. NDSU needs to stop the other team's offense from having FIVE!!! 8+ play drives if they want to win - unless you think that NDSU's offense should, by dint of miraculous playcalling, score a TD on every freaking drive.
    Kaczor played great, secondary was good as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    The Bison offense might be the most predictable offense in all of college football. That's fine when we can just bully crap teams. The old, enforce our will upon them, drivel.

That doesn't work against solid competition. The offense needs to be balanced and keep the defense guessing at what's coming next.

Only fools try to run up the gut against stacked boxes.

Anybody know how Oscar Benson ended up in coverage on their super fast tailback?? Ya'know, the TD pass play.

I would have had Cole throw a 60 yard bomb down field in the 1st quarter. I would have had Hegerle use one of his 4 redshirt games as well. Just having him run a few go routes would have made the defense pay attention to the whole field.

The way things were, I'm sure every time Cole checked in they knew the ball was not going to be thrown.
    Benson got manned up on the slot because we were spying de Laura. Replay showed the safety on that side, cant remember if it was Weber or Jones, rolling down into the box. Surprising we didnt use one of our other corners or extra safety in a dime/nickle package but I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Ty called a great game and its really easy to pick apart play calling in a loss, but we all know had any one of those plays worked there wouldn't be a single gripe and there would be talk of how much better his play calling is this year.

Mind you - he didnt revamp the offense. He didnt come up some odd looks or some wonky schematics...the difference in our offense is that guys are executing. Hunter made mention in the post game presser...they were getting 3 yards of push all day. There would be absolutely no reason for Ty to call anything different than what he's been gashing them with all night. What was he supposed to think? Maybe during this series their defense will bow up and we wont get as much push? Thats foolish.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Kaczor played great, secondary was good as well.
    Yeah, that was a bad miss on my part... the secondary was very good. Courtney Eubanks - man, we are lucky to have that guy, but all our guys back there are excellent.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I got the feeling while watching the game that the beginning of NDSUs second to last drive got in TRs head a little bit. Run of 22 followed by a run of 7 followed by a run of 14 got him thinking UA couldn't stop the run. After that NDSU had a net of 0 rushing yards. IMO didn't sprinkle in enough pass to keep them off balance. I'd like to see a bit more balance moving forward.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I think the Bison have only scored more than 28 points in 2 or 3 FBS games.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Not happy with 400 yards of offense and Winning top. For fucksakes they only punted twice. They controlled the majority of the game. They had a good game plan, def struggled and there were a few timely mistakes. End of story. I'll be shocked if this team doesn't roll to another div II championship

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Benson got manned up on the slot because we were spying de Laura. Replay showed the safety on that side, cant remember if it was Weber or Jones, rolling down into the box. Surprising we didnt use one of our other corners or extra safety in a dime/nickle package but I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

Ty called a great game and its really easy to pick apart play calling in a loss, but we all know had any one of those plays worked there wouldn't be a single gripe and there would be talk of how much better his play calling is this year.

Mind you - he didnt revamp the offense. He didnt come up some odd looks or some wonky schematics...the difference in our offense is that guys are executing. Hunter made mention in the post game presser...they were getting 3 yards of push all day. There would be absolutely no reason for Ty to call anything different than what he's been gashing them with all night. What was he supposed to think? Maybe during this series their defense will bow up and we wont get as much push? Thats foolish.
    That was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post

There are a lot of yards between the goal lines and lots of time to score when you do so quickly.

And then there is a scoreboard.

No moral victories. We/NDSU lost to a team we really should have beat.

Disappointed, not embarrassed. What would “I” be embarrassed about? Don’t understand that concept, nor that AZ coach is a looser because he didn’t acknowledge/point out how well Bison fans traveled and showed for the game. Good God!

IOW—dumb post.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

painful to watch

why we running sideways at the goalline?
    why is BUSSEY running the ball on 1st down?
    why won't he switch QBS?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?