Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Pretty sure that every time Bussey has busted one it has been between the tackles. Used to be that he got lost in there.
    He is a speed guy best used running off tackle. Not up the gut vs Arizona. The defense was tired and Swiss cheese. Tackling a big back up the middle is harder than Bussey. Now Bussey OT is a change of pace

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He is a speed guy best used running off tackle. Not up the gut vs Arizona. The defense was tired and Swiss cheese. Tackling a big back up the middle is harder than Bussey. Now Bussey OT is a change of pace
    If you say so. Regardless, given the benefit of hindsight we can definitely say that call did not work.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bussey run and Cam fumble we’re not bad playcalls. People are complaining about both because they didn’t work but Bussey has had many nice runs interior and Cam at goal line we were trying to keep things mixed up. Part of the reasons for the run game success was Cam being accurate and efficient in first half. Coaches should have relied on him at the end. This game was a combo of bonehead mistakes, AZ making some nice plays, and bad decisions at the end. They played crisp we played somewhat sloppy. Also, their defense made some big plays (Cams fumble) ours made none.

Time to start up the playbook thread again.

Don’t worry TR. help is on the way.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Time to start up the playbook thread again.

Don’t worry TR. help is on the way.
    Anxious to see how you'll put those golden calves to use.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Anxious to see how you'll put those golden calves to use.
    He actually lined up in left hook yesterday but they didn’t run the pass option from it.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Pretty sure that every time Bussey has busted one it has been between the tackles. Used to be that he got lost in there.
    Against awful teams and in blowouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Bussey run and Cam fumble we’re not bad playcalls. People are complaining about both because they didn’t work but Bussey has had many nice runs interior and Cam at goal line we were trying to keep things mixed up. Part of the reasons for the run game success was Cam being accurate and efficient in first half. Coaches should have relied on him at the end. This game was a combo of bonehead mistakes, AZ making some nice plays, and bad decisions at the end. They played crisp we played somewhat sloppy. Also, their defense made some big plays (Cams fumble) ours made none.
    Everyone wants competitive games. The Bison played a PAC 12 team last night in a great game. Yes they were terrible last year but appear like they may be approved. In these kinds of games you sometimes lose them. Yes we won the last 6 FBS but most of those were close and could have gone either way. The Bison made the plays in the last 6. The Wildcats made the plays last night.

I wanted the Bison to win but I enjoyed a fun, competitive game against a P5 school. Their offense played better than the Bison defense and their defense stepped up and made some key plays late.

You either want the Bison to blow out every opponent or you want more competitive games where the Bison may lose some. Make up your mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Everyone wants competitive games. The Bison played a PAC 12 team last night in a great game. Yes they were terrible last year but appear like they may be approved. In these kinds of games you sometimes lose them. Yes we won the last 6 FBS but most of those were close and could have gone either way. The Bison made the plays in the last 6. The Wildcats made the plays last night.

I wanted the Bison to win but I enjoyed a fun, competitive game against a P5 school. Their offense played better than the Bison defense and their defense stepped up and made some key plays late.

You either want the Bison to blow out every opponent or you want more competitive games where the Bison may lose some. Make up your mind.

Not sure if your last part is directed at me or a general line of thought but I would have preferred we just blow them out. In a perfect universe we move up, play great/tough against P5 and blow out our G5 peers.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not sure if your last part is directed at me or a general line of thought but I would have preferred we just blow them out. In a perfect universe we move up, play great/tough against P5 and blow out our G5 peers.
    It's many people in general. Just because the Bison have had success against P5 and G5 teams many forget many of those games were close. They could have just as easily been 3-9 instead of 9-3. Kudos to those teams for pulling out the wins. They earned them.

If we move to the MAC or MWC it will be a step up overall. The Bison likely are successful in those conferences and have a good chance to win either. But they may do it as 6-3 or 7-2 teams in conference. They'll have more games like last night and may lose some of them. If you aren't ok with that as a fan then youmay not like FBS as much as you think.