Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think it’s pretty safe to say that any team that goes undefeated probably got lucky a time or two.
    Shit probably got to beat that pussie away with a stick.

Lardsin must go!

Not putting things on film or making teams have to defend more are just coach speak bullshit for when someone questions the play calling, LOL.

Outside of Quincy's Scrambles, the rushing offense was pretty darn similar to the UND performance. However, the difference against UNI was that we used a normal play call distribution. There was variety, and play specifically called to break tendencies, and it worked.

Hopefully this was not a mirage, but props to Roehl and the offense for calling a great game, and for the players making great plays.

I think when we play SDSU in brookings, we will know what kind of OC Roehl is by the play calling. If its another 50 runs, 10 passes, there are going to be a lot of frustrated Bison fans unless we're averaging 6yds a carry and they simply cannot stop it. Myself included.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Outside of Quincy's Scrambles, the rushing offense was pretty darn similar to the UND performance. However, the difference against UNI was that we used a normal play call distribution. There was variety, and play specifically called to break tendencies, and it worked.

Hopefully this was not a mirage, but props to Roehl and the offense for calling a great game, and for the players making great plays.

I think when we play SDSU in brookings, we will know what kind of OC Roehl is by the play calling. If its another 50 runs, 10 passes, there are going to be a lot of frustrated Bison fans unless we're averaging 6yds a carry and they simply cannot stop it. Myself included.
    That would get me leaning more toward Roehl being scared and therefore retreating to his safe space, which I'm starting to wonder how much of that is the reasoning for the prevent offense.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can anyone explain why we don’t use 44 more and also 22. Especially on short yardage? I don’t understand why we go away from I formation with a fullback.

44 should get min 20 carries a game. We should some how also isolate 21 he is so dangerous in space but we rarely use him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also don’t understand why we haven’t used Williams much the last two games. He’s such a beast of runner and along with Luepke the hardest RBs we have to tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion Williams should be ahead of Kobe on the depth chart. I love Kobe and he is amazing in open space, but any contact he goes down immediately.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed, play to strengths…
    1. Let the naturally physical runners handle the bulk of the carries if we are going to run a bunch of power.

2. We should let our “fast lighter elusive guys” be fast lighter elusive guys and give them ~5 touches each a game off edges or in space. We tend to over bulk them up which slows them down and run them “up the middle” continually after freshman year.

I would encourage everyone to listen to the last 5 minutes of bison report radio UNI recap. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Agreed, play to strengths…
    1. Let the naturally physical runners handle the bulk of the carries if we are going to run a bunch of power.

2. We should let our “fast lighter elusive guys” be fast lighter elusive guys and give them ~5 touches each a game off edges or in space. We tend to over bulk them up which slows them down and run them “up the middle” continually after freshman year.
    I have been asking for Bussey to get 5 touches a game, guy is lighting