Page 31 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I would encourage everyone to listen to the last 5 minutes of bison report radio UNI recap. You are welcome.
    Do you have a link?
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I also don’t understand why we haven’t used Williams much the last two games. He’s such a beast of runner and along with Luepke the hardest RBs we have to tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://audioboom.com/posts/7958301-...nday-uni-recap

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I would encourage everyone to listen to the last 5 minutes of bison report radio UNI recap. You are welcome.
    Although I agree with the point of their last 5 mins- they were specifically calling out the offensive scheme from the UND game just one week ago.

They cant have it both ways. They cant say "The offensive scheme was puzzling and Its frustrating" and then turn around one week later and say "how dare you question the offensive scheme!?!1!!!11?!"

I was listening to it on the way to work and my jaw was dropped at the level of mental gymnastics required to pretend that they had never questioned the UND offensive gamelan only 1 week ago.

Also, Alot of their takes and critiques on the UND game were so snowflakey I honestly couldnt believe it. Imagine being triggered that the opposing team shouts their name at the national anthem lol?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Although I agree with the point of their last 5 mins- they were specifically calling out the offensive scheme from the UND game just one week ago.

They cant have it both ways. They cant say "The offensive scheme was puzzling and Its frustrating" and then turn around one week later and say "how dare you question the offensive scheme!?!1!!!11?!"

I was listening to it on the way to work and my jaw was dropped at the level of mental gymnastics required to pretend that they had never questioned the UND offensive gamelan only 1 week ago.

Also, Alot of their takes and critiques on the UND game were so snowflakey I honestly couldnt believe it. Imagine being triggered that the opposing team shouts their name at the national anthem lol?
    Things ross was triggered about:
    1. horns Down- he was big mad about this one.
    2. The fact that some people wore the old logo. If he knew anything about the situation, the college is literally required to sell merch with the old logo for trademark law. If they dont use it, someone else could. They are literally required to do it, so dont get triggered when someone wears it.
    3. He was triggered that they yelled home of the "sioux". I guess its only ok for us to yell something there. Then he pretended to be super duper offended by the name Sioux, and alleged that anyone who preferred the sioux name or yelled it there is a straight up racist- LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Ok. yes Ross, tell us how virtuous you are and how evil anyone who disagrees with you is.

Basically, you are not allowed any traditions, or not allowed to poke fun at your opponents apparently.

I was there. THIS IS WHAT MAKES COLLEGE FOOTBALL FUN. PETTY BULLSHIT LIKE THIS. Apparently, Ross wants opposing games to be safe spaces for his fragile mind. Astonishing stuff there. If I was a fan of any other team and had listened to that podcast, I would think, "Wow, these Bison fans are entitled, fragile, winy piles of shit if they complain that other fanbases hurt their feelings for wearing hockey jerseys and yelling their team name"

Ross does incredible stuff on Bison report but this was straight up embarrassing
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2. The fact that some people wore the old logo. If he knew anything about the situation, the college is literally required to sell merch with the old logo for trademark law. If they dont use it, someone else could. They are literally required to do it, so dont get triggered when someone wears it.
    3. He was triggered that they yelled home of the "sioux". I guess its only ok for us to yell something there. Then he pretended to be super duper offended by the name Sioux, and alleged that anyone who preferred the sioux name or yelled it there is a straight up racist- LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Ok. yes Ross, tell us how virtuous you are and how evil anyone who disagrees with you is.

Basically, you are not allowed any traditions, or not allowed to poke fun at your opponents apparently.

I was there. THIS IS WHAT MAKES COLLEGE FOOTBALL FUN. PETTY BULLSHIT LIKE THIS. Apparently, Ross wants opposing games to be safe spaces for his fragile mind. Astonishing stuff there. If I was a fan of any other team and had listened to that podcast, I would think, "Wow, these Bison fans are entitled, fragile, winy piles of shit if they complain that other fanbases hurt their feelings for wearing hockey jerseys and yelling their team name"

Ross does incredible stuff on Bison report but this was straight up embarrassing
    There were a few other takes that were pretty cringy but you are pretty dead on. The pre-game one wasn't much better to be honest.
    Though still better than whoever Ron Dobervich is. Wowsers.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    There were a few other takes that were pretty cringy but you are pretty dead on. The pre-game one wasn't much better to be honest.
    Though still better than whoever Ron Dobervich is. Wowsers.
    Yes, I can see where being called out for saying something ignorant can be cringe inducing. I think we’ve all probably been on the wrong side of that one a time or two. Fail better.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Just imagine if people in the Fargodome ended the anthem with home of the Aggies or Fighting Farmers instead of our current nickname.

It's OK to not be OK.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Just imagine if people in the Fargodome ended the anthem with home of the Aggies or Fighting Farmers instead of our current nickname.
    I just have this to say to the announcers...fans can bitch about whatever they choose. At the end of the day with no fans...who cares...no one goes to games...merchandise is not purchased...noise in the dome is non-existent and there is no need for their radio show either. Don't talk down to the fans, explain why they may need to think about their complaint differently...and I will call them the Sioux as long as I want...there were no fucking hawks when I was at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I just have this to say to the announcers...fans can bitch about whatever they choose. At the end of the day with no fans...who cares...no one goes to games...merchandise is not purchased...noise in the dome is non-existent and there is no need for their radio show either. Don't talk down to the fans, explain why they may need to think about their complaint differently...and I will call them the Sioux as long as I want...there were no fucking hawks when I was at NDSU
    The doctor analogy made me literally laugh out loud. "Your doctor knows what he is doing. You wouldn't tell him how to do his job. And if he screwed up, you wouldn't call for him to be fired." Um you're god damn right I would want my doctor to face consequences if he "screwed" up with my health care. LOL what a dumb comparison.

In general their take was you as a fan don't know, we know and the coaches know so shut up.

My thought was if you know so fucking much then tell the fans in more detail why Roehl is the best OC in all the land.

Admittedly in the last week or two I have decided to not be so hard on Roehl because I don't know all the conversations in the building. I don't know which RBs have proven they can pick up blitzes and know how to run good routes out of the backfield, etc. I don't know which player did the wrong thing on which play. I still have my gripes about general play calling and you'll never convince me Luepke shouldn't have gotten the ball 4 straight times from the 6 yard line.