Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Roehl Save Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    What ever happened to the wheel route, play action from under center, etc???
    85 yard bomb was playaction from under center.

today vs UNI was a C. not the worst, but still many scratch your head moments
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Much better Saturday. Need WAAAAAY more improvement IMO... Left a lot on the field.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Much better Saturday. Need WAAAAAY more improvement IMO... Left a lot on the field.
    I had to have a talk with myself and temper expectations to being happy with strides of improvement every week. I think most of us would agree we did not take steps forward in the UND game but saw some this past weekend. Just keep getting better every week and by the end we'll be in the mix if we keep doing that.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I had to have a talk with myself and temper expectations to being happy with strides of improvement every week. I think most of us would agree we did not take steps forward in the UND game but saw some this past weekend. Just keep getting better every week and by the end we'll be in the mix if we keep doing that.
    Same thing here!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

I've also been doing some thinking and what I've done to conclude is that HCME's thinking needs to change. The idea that we just do whatever it takes to win each week and "not put everything on film" (which is a direct contradiction of the make your opponent defend all 53-1/3 yards, but that's a whole other discussion), really doesn't fly with where this team is at. That mantra would have been fine with the 2013 and 2018 teams that were so experienced but it's just not where the 2019/2020/2021 teams are at. I know that the 2019 team went 16-0 but they really did get lucky in a few spots. I think when a team is inexperienced it is waaaaaay more beneficial in non-conference and non-competitive games to open up the playbook to get game reps. Getting a lead and letting QP2 drop back to pass against a real rush is going to pay dividends later in the season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Putting thinks on film is an interesting concept. If your team has a few options that are player dependent, then be cautious. This team has many players and many options. Show them you better be ready because we have the "options ". Take your best guess at what's next. Let them play and use their talents.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The more they put on film the more the other team needs to prepare for. Open it up.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    The more they put on film the more the other team needs to prepare for. Open it up.
    Amen, the glass is way more than half full!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I've also been doing some thinking and what I've done to conclude is that HCME's thinking needs to change. The idea that we just do whatever it takes to win each week and "not put everything on film" (which is a direct contradiction of the make your opponent defend all 53-1/3 yards, but that's a whole other discussion), really doesn't fly with where this team is at. That mantra would have been fine with the 2013 and 2018 teams that were so experienced but it's just not where the 2019/2020/2021 teams are at. I know that the 2019 team went 16-0 but they really did get lucky in a few spots. I think when a team is inexperienced it is waaaaaay more beneficial in non-conference and non-competitive games to open up the playbook to get game reps. Getting a lead and letting QP2 drop back to pass against a real rush is going to pay dividends later in the season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    I think it’s pretty safe to say that any team that goes undefeated probably got lucky a time or two.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie