Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Tyler ain't taking a demotion like that and it he does, he's kinda a bitch
    they can spin it...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The defense is the big problem here. How can you not see it?
    I agree 100%. Undersized defensive lineman got pushed around. Never kept our linebackers clean. Plus our linebackers lacked game experience coming into this year. Undersized and inexperienced leads to missed tackles.

If we are in the market for more players in the portal, I definitely think they should be looking at a defensive tackle that can anchor in the run game.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    they can spin it...
    Says the "Spin Champion"
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The defense is the big problem here. How can you not see it?
    I don’t disagree that the D is not up to standard, but coaching overall is a problem. How stubborn (arrogant, maybe?) do you have to be as an Head Coach / O coordinator to see that your D is giving up more points than usual and still not try to change what you’re doing on Offense to try and score more points consistently? I mean FFS we were down by 3 scores with 12 minutes left in the game and we were still about 50% run plays. Microcosm of the problem right there…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My gut feeling on a lot of this coaching staff is that there is stubbornness and an unwillingness to admit things are not working. We cannot have our flaws and mistakes being "spun." Just admit problems and mistakes and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. This loss is going to have repercussions far beyond just a title game loss. I really miss Chris Kleiman's attitude as a coach. Calm and collected. He exuded confidence but still was humble and really had his student-athletes' backs. The buck stops here mentality. I wonder what our new NDSU president thinks of all of this. No doubt disappointed and President Cook has his own problems with budget issues but still a huge disappointment.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who here knew we’d run a QB draw on that first 3rd and short?

I sure as hell did.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also, who here thought that we’d be down 24 points late in the 3rd quarter and we’d still be huddling taking our sweet time then to just run the ball for a 1 yd gain to then huddle and do all over again eating clock? Especially knowing how our defense had been unable to slow down their offense.

Not me!! Thought our staff was better then that considering who we are and how we operate. I understand that guys need to be on the same page but for the life of me, show a little productive urgency.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Is your OC doing the best he can with the tools he has?

I don't see a Jensen/Wentz/Stick/Lance and that, even with a top tier OL, has to impact up and down the offense and play selection.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don’t disagree that the D is not up to standard, but coaching overall is a problem. How stubborn (arrogant, maybe?) do you have to be as an Head Coach / O coordinator to see that your D is giving up more points than usual and still not try to change what you’re doing on Offense to try and score more points consistently? I mean FFS we were down by 3 scores with 12 minutes left in the game and we were still about 50% run plays. Microcosm of the problem right there…
    Well, one possible explanation is that when they finally did deviate from SOP then our QB delivered two INT to the oppo and finished our scant hopes.

Box score PxP for your review here. Jump to Q4. https://gobison.com/sports/football/...boxscore/16098

Edit: exec summary - we keep running because our passing game just ain't good enough
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Who here knew we’d run a QB draw on that first 3rd and short?

I sure as hell did.
    Everyone bro. Even stig was interviewed seconds before that drive started and he said they were looking to stop qb run. A fake draw into a pass would have been nice there.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes