Page 83 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I guess my pushing back comes from the fact that I go to one thread and I read that Entz is a bad coach and can't recruit

At the beginning of the year everyone was saying this was our worst defense in history and there's no way we can go on a playoff run with them

Then I go to the next thread and read that we've lost our culture and that's why we had 5 transfers this year

Then the next thread is that Cam is no good and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Tyler Roehl can't call plays

Somehow with all of that and being down somewhere between 5-8 starters through the meat of the conference schedule and playoffs, we still made the championship and are only a 5 point underdog to what is probably the best non-NDSU FCS team in at least the 12 years I've been following FCS closely. I understand having high expectations, but you'd think we were 6-5 this year.

We don't do anything flashy but we find the weaknesses of a defense and exploit it. Maybe that means running the QB 30 times because they refuse to spy him correctly. Maybe it means throwing the ball 20 times. Maybe it means running A-gap repeatedly until the NG and DT are mush. I'm confident that we'll have some surprises for SDSU.
    They will complain about literally everything and then when NDSU makes another title game, and you come and say 'what about the complaints NOW?' they will just complain its because NDSU should be FBS and not playing these pud teams.

BV is a cesspool of complaining, like I am doing now complaining about the complainers!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oh okay, we scored 28 points against one of the best defenses in FCS that I can remember. But we didn't do it how you wanted it to be done so it doesn't count.

Lol
    I didn’t say that. We took advantage of having a superior athlete that they didn’t have an answer for. That to me is Jimmys and Joes not X’s and O’s. I’m happy they won and I didn’t and typically don’t complain publically about play calling. I just don’t think it’s in any way accurate to state that that game plan was creative in any way.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reverse for a touchdown
    Fake FG for a touchdown

I mean what do you guys want to see? Hook and ladder? WR tunnel screens to Mathis? Speed option? Veer?

We were running the RB wheel route for years and now you see it all over college football. Hell, we all complain about how much our QB runs the ball, but that's really caught on across the board now in college football. Before Luepke got injured he was always good for a 20+ yard TD catch when we needed it because of a really well set up and drawn play.
    I think what I would like to see is a mix to our playcalling that puts the defense on their heels and allows our offense to get into an attack mindset. Sometimes with TR it feels like our playcalling allows the defense to be in attack mode. I think this year it becomes more urgent because our defense isn’t quite as capable of masking a stalled offensive drive or multiple. Especially against good teams. SDSU is going to require that we sustain offensive drives and get points consistently. We saw this in the first meeting. They are going to score on our defense so we have to possess the ball and keep it away from their offense. To do that we will need to keep them off balance because they’re too good to just overpower them with the run. TR can do it as we saw in the first half of the first meeting. We’ll see if he can rekindle that in Frisco. Here’s to hoping he does.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    They will complain about literally everything and then when NDSU makes another title game, and you come and say 'what about the complaints NOW?' they will just complain its because NDSU should be FBS and not playing these pud teams.

BV is a cesspool of complaining, like I am doing now complaining about the complainers!
    alot of this fanbase is the reason NDSU keeps winning. the constant pressure and demanding excellence!!! breathe it in
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    My thought exactly. If throwing everything at them was having a #3 NFL draft pick carry the ball every down I can't wait to see who we put in as our third string QB after the first two get crushed.
    Throwing everything at them didn't involve throwing the ball to Watson.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    alot of this fanbase is the reason NDSU keeps winning. the constant pressure and demanding excellence!!! breathe it in
    Im picking SDSU. The offense has these stretches where they are so bad. Like not getting a 1st down until the 2nd quarter vs UiW or the 2nd half vs SDSU

If we have a stretch like that again, out defense will lose the TOP and will wear out like the last 3 losses.

In the 4th quarter, their running back will be stiff arming 3 guys on 1 play and then doing the horns down. People will complain about the defense who has been on the field all game from the offenses inability to sustain a long drive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm picking the Bison. SDSU's overconfidence will hurt them more than our being down 10 players will hurt us. We always find a way to beat them in the second season. Go BISON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I didn’t say that. We took advantage of having a superior athlete that they didn’t have an answer for. That to me is Jimmys and Joes not X’s and O’s. I’m happy they won and I didn’t and typically don’t complain publically about play calling. I just don’t think it’s in any way accurate to state that that game plan was creative in any way.
    Idk man. Go back and watch JMU’s press conference after the game. Everyone from the head coach to the starting quarterback said they thought they were the better team, NDSU just had a better game plan.

If two touchdowns on gadget plays and taking advantage of a team that refuses to stop QB run to win a national championship isn’t enough creativity for you, idk what to tell you. Messingham was an all-time best for me and I’m sure that’s where a lot of folks set their bar and I just don’t think we’ll see that here again for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think what I would like to see is a mix to our playcalling that puts the defense on their heels and allows our offense to get into an attack mindset. Sometimes with TR it feels like our playcalling allows the defense to be in attack mode. I think this year it becomes more urgent because our defense isn’t quite as capable of masking a stalled offensive drive or multiple. Especially against good teams. SDSU is going to require that we sustain offensive drives and get points consistently. We saw this in the first meeting. They are going to score on our defense so we have to possess the ball and keep it away from their offense. To do that we will need to keep them off balance because they’re too good to just overpower them with the run. TR can do it as we saw in the first half of the first meeting. We’ll see if he can rekindle that in Frisco. Here’s to hoping he does.
    I agree with most points here. I honestly think we closed the playbook on purpose against SDSU in the first meeting. And I think we’ve done it in the past few years during the regular season. SDSU shows everything during the regular season and it always seems like we don’t.

Let’s hope we’re right
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I just don't think TR is a good play caller. The plays are in the book but he seems to fall in love with just calling a handful of the same plays over and over again. He needs to call the whole game like he did in the first half of the SDSU game in October. Be aggessive on first and second down and pass it early rather than run run and force Cam to throw on 3rd and long. Set your guys up for success rather then putting them in a hole. We need to utilize the TE and RB's more in the passing game too. Get those guys in the middle and down the seams and force SDSU's LB's to cover rather then just stopping the run game.