Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Fire Roehl Save Season

I have no idea now the coaching hierarchy works at the college level, but wouldn't the head coach and assistant head coach/QB coach have some input on the OC's game plan and play calling? If it wasn't getting done to their satisfaction would there not be some sort of come to Jesus meeting about what should be done? And if that's a correct assumption, the whole staff would have to be changed to really make a difference it would seem to me. I haven't been on the bash TR team so far, but the game Saturday was kind of hard to watch. You have to find some way for a player of Watson's talent to touch the ball a few times on offense. And with the run blitzing that was happening, it seems like there should have been opportunity for that to happen. Just the .02 cents of a non great football mind.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Entz is recruiting well. Polasek was better than TR.
    Lane Kiffin is an excellent recruiter.
    Insert something clever here...

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Why wasnt there 1 play action pass.

Explain that
    This is really sad. It is almost like we have reverted to a more high school offense that is Read Option Runs with the QB and then switch to pro style but nothing sophisticated out of the pro style.

I mean we have these great TEs and we can't play action pass to them. One of the simplest plays we could run. I guess when our TEs are so short it is tough to throw a play action pass in there cause we can't see them beyond the LOS.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    This is really sad. It is almost like we have reverted to a more high school offense that is Read Option Runs with the QB and then switch to pro style but nothing sophisticated out of the pro style.

I mean we have these great TEs and we can't play action pass to them. One of the simplest plays we could run. I guess when our TEs are so short it is tough to throw a play action pass in there cause we can't see them beyond the LOS.
    I hate that even the NFL is going more to the RPO shotgun formation now too. Seems to be driven by piss poor oline play or is it the other way around? Chicken/egg??

our offense starting dying about NICHOLLS game in Trey's playoff year to be honest.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post

6'5" & 6'6"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    our offense starting dying about NICHOLLS game in Trey's playoff year to be honest.
    I was thinking same thing. What was really shocking to me from Saturdays UND game was how our O line was getting beat to spots at different times during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS BISON View Post
    6'5" & 6'6"
    I know I was joking. I said it cause EL Chapo always wants lob passes to them. Which I do think is logical in certain situations.
    If it flies it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS BISON View Post
    I was thinking same thing. What was really shocking to me from Saturdays UND game was how our O line was getting beat to spots at different times during the game.
    Our offense was already this way during Trey's time here. It has not been very good, but Trey bailed them out and made them look really good.
    If it flies it dies.

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    I have no idea now the coaching hierarchy works at the college level, but wouldn't the head coach and assistant head coach/QB coach have some input on the OC's game plan and play calling? If it wasn't getting done to their satisfaction would there not be some sort of come to Jesus meeting about what should be done? And if that's a correct assumption, the whole staff would have to be changed to really make a difference it would seem to me. I haven't been on the bash TR team so far, but the game Saturday was kind of hard to watch. You have to find some way for a player of Watson's talent to touch the ball a few times on offense. And with the run blitzing that was happening, it seems like there should have been opportunity for that to happen. Just the .02 cents of a non great football mind.
    Correct! From rumblings I heard with TP years ago he wasn't really hired away... It was maybe you should take the job type thing. I think Entz needs to encourage new opportunities for BIG DIESEL
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]