Page 98 of 115 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    There is no excuse for the offense he runs. Vigen/ Messingham/ Polasek was better than him and improved with time. This guy is going backwards, his own playbook is crap. Things have been worse as we completely went away from the Messingham playbook. A 16 year old playing madden has better play calling.
    Number 1 offense in the Valley eh
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Number 1 offense in the Valley eh
    So? NDSU has more talent than almost anyone in the FCS. The talent has saved Tyler from being exposed in 19 and 21. NDSU could plug in any above average OC and probably compete for the NC. Tyler is running 6 plays all season long, it's like I am watching high school ball.

Is the OC's playbook/playcalling constrained by expectations of the HC?

I'm familiar with a HC putting constraints on the OC (see: Dale Lennon).

Is Roehl just doing what he's told?

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    So? NDSU has more talent than almost anyone in the FCS. The talent has saved Tyler from being exposed in 19 and 21. NDSU could plug in any above average OC and probably compete for the NC. Tyler is running 6 plays all season long, it's like I am watching high school ball.
    Lol you need to read more BV posts (I agree with you, but I’m assured by a couple guys here that we’re wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Is the OC's playbook/playcalling constrained by expectations of the HC?

I'm familiar with a HC putting constraints on the OC (see: Dale Lennon).

Is Roehl just doing what he's told?
    It’s possible, I guess? Doesn’t strike me as Entz’s style without knowing much… plus he’s a Defensive coach so my guess would be “no”…

First half of the first SDSU game is the offense I want to see all game every game. It's in the playbook, Roehl can call it, the players can execute it. They just need to be more consistent calling it and executing it all game every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    First half of the first SDSU game is the offense I want to see all game every game. It's in the playbook, Roehl can call it, the players can execute it. They just need to be more consistent calling it and executing it all game every game.
    Roehl seems much better with opening drives or even the second drive. Much of which is probably scripted?

It's making the right calls on the fly that seem to be the issue. That and going way too conservative as the game goes regardless of what the actual circumstance dictates.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Roehl seems much better with opening drives or even the second drive. Much of which is probably scripted?

It's making the right calls on the fly that seem to be the issue. That and going way too conservative as the game goes regardless of what the actual circumstance dictates.
    I agree with the conservative comment. Needs to stay more aggressive it's like trying not to lose rather then playing to win. They also need to work on making adjustments thru out a game too often we keep beating our head against a proverbial wall rather then trying other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    A very good point. Some drives during the ASU game were good, too. But the examples are too few and far between to give me hope…

Entz, Roehl, and company will improve or they will continue to call SDSU and their coaching staff their daddy. SDSU surpassed NDSU with inferior talent because SDSU's coaches were forced to beat NDSU by out-scheming them. NDSU's coaches haven't had to outscheme anyone over the last 5+ years - now they do if only for SDSU. That opportunity will make them better.