Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    More about the Jimmy's and the Joe's than the X's and the O's.
    Make up your mind. If it's about Jimmy's and Joe's, then why can't people shut up about play calling? Not to mention that execution, off-season training, and culture don't matter either, apparently.

But on a more positive note, here's somebody talking about "execution, execution, execution":

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    And I think the relatively poor 2020 COVID season performance had to do with poor execution on our part and the opposing defenses outplaying our offense.

The two highest passer efficiencies have come under Roehl and both with freshman QBs - and that's in only two full seasons of being the OC. I mean, sure, Trey Lance is an incredible talent but look at his highlight tape - on the majority of the big passes, the defenders weren't close enough to even photobomb a picture of the catch.
    Without question covid is to blame for 2020. We couldn't even practice normally

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'd imagine all the coaches are especially savoring this championship just given the hours they've had to put in over the last 12 months. Pretty sure they started "spring camp" around the last week of January last year then had the spring season go until 5/2. Once that was done they were in recruiting prime time all the way through early August when fall camp started and of course the fall season just got over last Saturday. Guessing there's still a few recruiting items to button up before the late signing day but hopefully those guys take some well deserved time off over the coming few weeks.

Make up your mind. If it's about Jimmy's and Joe's, then why can't people shut up about play calling? Not to mention that execution, off-season training, and culture don't matter either, apparently.

But on a more positive note, here's somebody talking about "execution, execution, execution":

It all matters but play calling isn't necessarily about x's and o's it's more about calling the right play at the right time to put your players in the best position to be successful. Roehl did a very nice job of play calling through out the playoffs and pretty much since the loss at SDSU. He still has a tendency to get too conservative and go to the QB run or power too much. He did that less though with the QB change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It all matters but play calling isn't necessarily about x's and o's it's more about calling the right play at the right time to put your players in the best position to be successful. Roehl did a very nice job of play calling through out the playoffs and pretty much since the loss at SDSU. He still has a tendency to get too conservative and go to the QB run or power too much. He did that less though with the QB change.
    Challenge: Name a better OC in the FCS.

I have no idea because I don't know all of them but I'm sure if I did some research I could find a few. Tyler's only been an OC for 3 years and one of those was messed up so he's still learning. All I'm saying is there's still room for improvement.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not saying he is at the top, but he is up there. He knows who he is as a play caller, who we are as a program, and what we have on the other side of the football. Is it perfect? No. Is it boring, sometimes. Does it work? Yes. There is room for improvement, that is what makes it great.

I'd rather have him than most. Especially over schools OC's that require them to use trick plays multiple times a game to move the football or win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I have no idea because I don't know all of them but I'm sure if I did some research I could find a few. Tyler's only been an OC for 3 years and one of those was messed up so he's still learning. All I'm saying is there's still room for improvement.
    Ignoring the blatantly obvious two national championships in those three years of course.

Can't wait to see what he can do with some more of that lernin'

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ignoring the blatantly obvious two national championships in those three years of course.

Can't wait to see what he can do with some more of that lernin'
    I sure would love to see just one guy who is a better OC in the FCS rather than having to hear about the hypothetical ones. Eck? Bwhahahahaha! He's so damn good that with two the best RBs in the FCS, one of the best offensive lines, a great TE, and very good WRs, the Bunnies still got their asses handed to them by the Bobcats and lost three other games.

Honestly think Roehl would be a really good OC for one of the armed force academies and their offenses.