Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Roehl's over

Default Re: Tyler Roehl's over

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The difference between a true freshman and a sophomore.
    Yeah in the spring he looked a bit overwhelmed. And still did ok. He looked much more confident yesterday.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I honestly think Cole Payton is our best QB.
    all 3 can run/scramble. right? agreed?

so if they are all similar there, who's the best passer. Cole.
    I agree. Good QBs wont last in this system if we don't have a good plan on offense.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think TR problem is not of his making necessarily. Who ever was the deciding vote to make QPII the starting QB also determined the depth of the playbook to be available for TR to select offensive plays.

Obviously, the playbook was a lot more open when the 'back up' QB was on the field.

Mrs. TR's frustration post on FB probably reflected the fact that TR's offensive play calling was handicapped by the limited playbook available with QPII's limited knowledge of the program since he was transfer, not a developmental product. My opinion is that QPII got pushed to the front of the line over the developmental players by virtue of being a FBS transfer, not competency.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I think TR problem is not of his making necessarily. Who ever was the deciding vote to make QPII the starting QB also determined the depth of the playbook to be available for TR to select offensive plays.

Obviously, the playbook was a lot more open when the 'back up' QB was on the field.
    Some definite merit to this post. We’ll see. That throw/semi-screen to TE was a thing of beauty. Get those TEs the ball.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Some definite merit to this post. We’ll see. That throw/semi-screen to TE was a thing of beauty. Get those TEs the ball.
    And the pump fake. That to me shows how much he’s grown since the spring. That’s a kid who’s been coached up and was able to take that into a game situation. I have to believe that a lot of DC’s in the Valley will take note of that and pray we don’t have a QB that can do that consistently.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The pump fake was a thing of beauty... not just a little stab, but a hard throw Cam kept in his grip....
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm still not sold on Roehl at all. 0 redzone passing TDs. We had 1 TD run in the redzone today on a QB run.. Even when Cam went in, we never got a red zone TD. They were all from further out. You could have Patrick Mahomes in the red zone on this team and he would figure out a way to fuck it up
    QP2 def had a red zone TD to a TE a week or two ago. Wide open duck that fluttered to him

I think your right on QP's status. Big Guy, ACC former starter etc... all the buzz about him...but is he ready for a Bison Playbook?
    Well I disagree with you on the time he has had to learn, he has had since last january and a spring season to watch and learn more...

My eye tells what you are right for TR. QP can't do the entire play book options, therefore limited in some aspects as Cam is a Coaches son from IA, has grown up learning football inside knowledge from his DAD and thats the difference. CAm is not as athletic but is plenty capable of running this offense and being a weapon when he needs to be....

All starters must earn their starts and its clear that Cam was the spark and helped win the game. So QP needs the headset and clipbpard for next week. Its his turn to help the team another way as needed.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the frustration is that the offense doesn't seem to have an identity. In the past (pre-roehl) it was predictable and part of the satisfaction was that I knew what was coming, the guy sitting next to me knew what was coming, the defense knew what was coming, the coaches knew what was coming, and we had such good players and scheme that no one could do anything about it.

Now the identity seems to be let's get into 2nd and long and then let the athletes just out athlete the other team. Not sure if the O-line just isn't as good (it isn't) or if the OC just isn't as good (he isn't, but I hope he is getting better every game), but it seems like there isn't much of a plan. But what do I know?

I'm also frustrated by what appears to be a shift in the culture. Yeah, it started with the kneel down, but things like the unsportsmanlike on 12 or some of the other penalties that indicate a lack of discipline just didn't happen much under Klieman. Entz has a much looser hold on things, it would appear. Maybe that is just the way it is going to be post NIL, etc... but I personally don't identify with it.

That said, reading this thread you would never know that NDSU is the best team in the country, again. The best players with a very good, if not great, coaching staff. Games are exciting to watch instead of 50-7 blowouts.

Yeah my blood pressure is a little higher at games, but that is part of the fun, I think.

Just my two-cents.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Seems to be enough material here to put together a Bison-centric show on KFGO with Joel Heitkamp.