Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Missouri State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Missouri State

Maybe getting some reps both spots for a left hand QB since Volson coming back next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Saw Grey Zabel #74 looking good on a couple plays last series at RG

Don’t know if anyone mentioned Mauch at LT Volson at RT.
    Thread is such a trainwreck don’t want to look

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Don't give a shit. He had position and was looking for the ball. The WR did just as much to "interfere" with the DB on that play. Should have been a no call.
    If you are holding the receivers hand so he can't raise it to make a catch that's interference. It doesn't matter of you are playing the ball with your other hand. What did the receiver do to interfere?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you are holding the receivers hand so he can't raise it to make a catch that's interference. It doesn't matter of you are playing the ball with your other hand. What did the receiver do to interfere?

I think the point is that there is a zero percent chance that in real time the official saw more hand fighting from one guy over the other. FFS in slow mo there was no clear advantage. Classic case of tie goes to the receiver.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think the point is that there is a zero percent chance that in real time the official saw more hand fighting from one guy over the other. FFS in slow mo there was no clear advantage. Classic case of tie goes to the receiver.
    That's exactly what the BJ is watching for and on the one angle i saw his arm across the body of the receiver. What I couldn't see from that angle was if he was also grabbing the arm. The receiver never raised it to try to catch the ball. Work 160 plays every game for 30+ seasons like today's back judge and you've seen that action hundreds of times. It's not that hard to see and he had an easy angle on this play. Hand fighting looks very different than an arm bar or arm grab.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    We have no passing threat or QB run threat. The score of this game means very little.
    didn't have a passing threat most of Sticks freshman year either. Parts of this team look very good.

With how young this team is I think the proper baseline is really 2010, which was also a very young team, a rebuilding project. I think this team is a miles ahead, and would comfortably beat a 2010 Kansas type of team. Still not a championship team but neither was 2015 at this point. Missing some huges pieces due to injury. If they pull it together the talent is there to win it but its gonna take a 2015 type of determination. 2021 looks promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    didn't have a passing threat most of Sticks freshman year either. Parts of this team look very good.

With how young this team is I think the proper baseline is really 2010, which was also a very young team, a rebuilding project. I think this team is a miles ahead, and would comfortably beat a 2010 Kansas type of team. Still not a championship team but neither was 2015 at this point. Missing some huges pieces due to injury. If they pull it together the talent is there to win it but its gonna take a 2015 type of determination. 2021 looks promising.
    Comparing freshman Stick to Zeb is insane. What were Stick's three worst games as a freshman? Compare them to Zeb's three starts. It's not even close.