Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Missouri State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Your right on! Seeing is believing son. 1st game Bison looked average against a YSU team with 27 freshman on the sidelines and entire new coaching staff.... We should have been able to get 40 points on on them but we couldn't....2nd game SIU.....no change in play calling same old.... NO SPARK or FIRE by any one on the field to take charge including your QB ZEB!
    I have seen no fire as you said, no WANT, no attitude to dominate the other team and take the will out of them!! We have plenty of talent on offense in the skilled positions, best Wide outs we've ever had but they have to learn to catch the damn ball first Watson! 2nd TES are beasts if we get the ball to them. 3rd RB's are fast as well so online need to pop a hole and or dump passes in the flat to lettem run....
    4th - Defense needs to get some linebackers to make plays, we have the smallest Linebackers ever 210lbs? Seriously...1 guy 258 but he didn't stuff runs like I thought he should.
    I will put in a new post. But your right, need to show URGENCY ITS A SHORT SPRING SEASON BOYS! THE VALLEY LOOKS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO WIN AND THE SIOUX LOOK LEGIT!
    You don't need 230 pound LBs at this level to have a good defense. There are the measurables for the starting OLBs in 2012 and in (spring) 2021:

6'0" 211 and 6'0" 207
    6'1" 216 and 6'0" 207

Can you well which is which? That 2012 defense was amongst the best ever for the Bison.

Just watched Youngstown march 83 yds for a touchdown (mostly running) on their first possesion against SIU. They just owned the line of scrimmage in the drive.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They are doing it again with a short field due to an INT. Missouri St. had better get dominated today. YSU scores again.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I'm so confused.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two different topics with alternating sentences. Sorry, just pissed that we lost like that last weekend.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I don't even care what the final score is. I just want to see real improvement over that shitshow the last two weeks.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- Do the Bison try and establish that the QB will run 1st? Or try and establish outside runs 1st? I vote for the latter fwiw......

- Full use of playbook? There is no margin for error so why hold back putting it on film?

- Slow developing RPO’s or RRO’s? Or more under center snaps for Zeb with play-action possibilities?

- Pass Plays designed to get Zeb to a 2nd or 3rd read?

- Misdirection plays? Including power versions?

Regarding NDSU’s smaller LB’s, there are several young bigger LB’s who were nice recruits at the time - they haven’t broken through yet for PT

Dylan Hendricks - RFr - 6’ 3” 236
    Nick Kubitz - RFr - tall and rangy like #42 was when young - will he add a little weight? 6’ 3” 208
    Cole Wisniewski - FR - 6’ 3” 218

Loshiaka Roques - I still wonder if he will end up at LB? When I watched a couple of his Wayzata HS games, he was playing a stand up DE. So he does have experience outside, perhaps not much in coverage. Is listed at 6’ 2” 217 currently so is a nice size for a LB right now. Can he get to Greg Menard size???

Plus whatever happened with Mark Stumpf (6’ 3” 225 Soph) and pt??? Is he on special teams?

TE should be highly utilized today. Even if in a FB type role with 2-3 on the field at a time. If they stack the line, play action and TE over the top. Even some unbalanced type stuff with extra Olineman.

With Zeb not having speed, I don't think the shotgun read runs are going to be as effective. More fullback and play action please. Use the people you have in ways they can be effective.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!