Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Big XII-Tulsa?

Default Re: Big XII-Tulsa?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    All right Big Big Bird, we need a finals breakdown from you. Both NDSU guys look to have tough matchups. Weber seems like he is wrestling on all 8 cylinders right now so it's hard to count him out.
    Moody vs Weber ***should*** be a high scoring match. Both guys take chances and aren't afraid to let it fly. Weber usually wins scrambles and 50/50 situations because of his unreal hips, but that is also a strength of Moody. Moody shoot more than Weber, but again, it's tough to finish through Weber's hips.

Weber beat Moody 10-7 last year, but both guys have looked significantly better this year. Last year, Moody was able to get to Weber's legs pretty easily and Weber was unable to get to Moody's legs throughout the match. However, Weber was able to get a body lock twice and used it to score the bulk of his points. Weber was able to ride Moody well and able to escape with ease.

I actually slightly favor Weber in this one. I'll guess a 7-5 win for Weber. It'll likely come down to who gets to their favorable positions. For Weber, the body lock is huge. For Moody, quick shots, preferably single legs, will be key for him. If he can get to a single and prevent Weber from squaring his hips, he'll have success. It's a very interesting stylistic clash

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice win for Metz in OT. Beats Isley twice
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Metz beats Isley in OT for 5th
    Great job my Metz the whole tournament. Really tough bracket and to come away with two wins over Isley and have Andrews on the ropes is a huge positive step forward. Great job.

B12 Finals will be on ESPN2 at 5pm. Weber and Franek should be up around 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    All right Big Big Bird, we need a finals breakdown from you. Both NDSU guys look to have tough matchups. Weber seems like he is wrestling on all 8 cylinders right now so it's hard to count him out.
    Also, Franek just needs to be active. Carr is another class (future Olympian), and has dominated Farnek in their prior meetings. The last time they matched up, Franek just sat back and Carr was able to do whatever he wanted. I'd just like to see Franek be on the attack more in this one.

I expect Carr to win via major decision.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Also, Franek just needs to be active. Carr is another class (future Olympian), and has dominated Farnek in their prior meetings. The last time they matched up, Franek just sat back and Carr was able to do whatever he wanted. I'd just like to see Franek be on the attack more in this one.

I expect Carr to win via major decision.
    Thanks for the breakdown. Glad to see Metz have a good tournament.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Predictions (hopes). Franek loses but keeps it under a major (which is a big deal against Carr). Weber and his confidence lead to a 6-5 OT win. I look forward to being way off
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Franek up next on ESPN2 after the commercial. Weber will follow him

Carr wins 8-3 over Franek.

Let's go Luke!

Weber with a great down block and leads 2-0 right out of the gate!