Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordell Volson

Default Re: Cordell Volson

And Keith Brake adds in the Guard rating for comparison

https://twitter.com/The_BrakeDown/st...5e8JkEWp0PlyoA

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    10yrds measures explosiveness not 40yrd timing.
    Its the reason they run the 40, to get the explosion and stamina duh....

Downfield blocking is required in case you have never watched a run play in the NFL or College
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Its the reason they run the 40, to get the explosion and stamina duh....

Downfield blocking is required in case you have never watched a run play in the NFL or College
    I have watched alot of NFL and college games. I almost never see an O Lineman blocking past 10 yards.
    It would be almost impossible for them to block downfield on a pass, other than a screen.
    So it would have to be a run. Are you saying O Lineman run so fast that they out run the RB's?
    I'm sure you will post a link to a video of 1 or 2 O Lineman showing up downfield on a play to prove your point. But what about the other 10 million plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I have watched alot of NFL and college games. I almost never see an O Lineman blocking past 10 yards.
    It would be almost impossible for them to block downfield on a pass, other than a screen.
    So it would have to be a run. Are you saying O Lineman run so fast that they out run the RB's?
    I'm sure you will post a link to a video of 1 or 2 O Lineman showing up downfield on a play to prove your point. But what about the other 10 million plays?
    Dammit you just love to argue
    It’s a gauge of athletic ability
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Dammit you just love to argue
    It’s a gauge of athletic ability
    I get that. But I read "blocking downfield is required in case you have never watched a run play in the NFL or College"
    Since I have watched many run plays, I thought I would point out that O Lineman are not blocking downfield on run plays 99.99999% of the time.

I get that. But I read "blocking downfield is required in case you have never watched a run play in the NFL or College"
    Since I have watched many run plays, I thought I would point out that O Lineman are not blocking downfield on run plays 99.99999% of the time.
    You proved point 1
    TRUST THE PROCESS

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You only want one play right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaEx5PUKhM

That was just the first I could find out of many that Kelce has made over his career.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    You only want one play right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaEx5PUKhM

That was just the first I could find out of many that Kelce has made over his career.
    His block was 5 yards downfield and a seal block that he maintained as the runner passed him about 8 yards downfield. The players ended up about 12-15 yards but the runner had already cleared the block. To prove your point find a block where an OL runs 10+ yards downfield and then irritates a block before the runner gets to that point. I'm guessing that is pretty rare.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    His block was 5 yards downfield and a seal block that he maintained as the runner passed him about 8 yards downfield. The players ended up about 12-15 yards but the runner had already cleared the block. To prove your point find a block where an OL runs 10+ yards downfield and then irritates a block before the runner gets to that point. I'm guessing that is pretty rare.

2:59 of this clip from the championship game versus JMU. Radunz is blocking at the 10 yard line on the reverse play while Sproles is still carrying the ball behind him. Radunz leading the way. Awesome example!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idp07g-Z_JY

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

This is still not the one I'm looking for but notice Kelce gets two guys. One close to 6 yards, the next at 12 yards. Both were lead blocking well before the back got there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZTRzme1_U