Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordell Volson

Default Re: Cordell Volson

Cordel doing a damn good job tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Cordel doing a damn good job tonight
    Lots of runs on that go ahead drive right to his side.

I remember a discussion about "in the NFL getting downfield on blocks doesn't matter."

Here's a play where it did - it was the difference between 1st and goal at the 7 and a TD: Bison Report: "Cordell Volson. Athlete

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I remember a discussion about "in the NFL getting downfield on blocks doesn't matter."

Here's a play where it did - it was the difference between 1st and goal at the 7 and a TD: Bison Report: "Cordell Volson. Athlete
    They showed that touchdown during the Vikes game and it was the only thing worthwhile I saw while watching the first half of the game. Luckily my son had BB practice so I missed the second half. Volson looks great out there.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was a screen pass, and Volson was 7 yards ahead of him when the pass was caught. The ball was snapped inside the 30, and the runner slowed down to let his blockers (including Volson) set up their blocks. This was not the type of play discussed in those threads.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It was a screen pass, and Volson was 7 yards ahead of him when the pass was caught. The ball was snapped inside the 30, and the runner slowed down to let his blockers (including Volson) set up their blocks. This was not the type of play discussed in those threads.

I tend to skim over the stupidest stuff so you are probably right.

All I know is that when I watch that clip, I want Cordell on the team I'm rooting for.

All I know is that when I watch that clip, I want Cordell on the team I'm rooting for.
    It's been fun having him on the Bengals. He's got the right attitude and all of the veteran linemen gush about him

He's continued to look better and better. Yesterday was a great example as he squared off against future hall of famer (I know he isn't a super big name but he'll be in the HoF) Cam Heyward for the second time, with the first time being week 1. It was a night and day difference, in a good way. He did occasionally struggle to anchor, but that happens to literally every guy Heyward faces. If not for some nifty defensive holding by Heyward on some stunts (he does it regularly and it's tough to see live, so I get why the officials consistently miss it), Cordell's day would've been even better.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/...92026939195396

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed! Not every lineman can do what he did on this play but having linemen downfield leading on running plays is very rare and an unlikely expectation.

I turned on the Volson v Radunz game (Bengals v Titans) just as Volson pancaked a guy in the hole in front of the back scoring a TD. So that was cool.

I saw some pretty low pass blocking grades though.

Cordell played great today and Chris Jones was a non-factor all day. They ran well, protected Burrow very well, and didn't make any penalties. He's only getting better