Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Summit Tourney

Default Re: 2021 Summit Tourney

Really proud of this group, I feel for them about last nights result. To play arguably their worst half of basketball in the biggest game of the season would deflate so many teams, but to credit the players and coaching staff they went down swinging. Unfortunately thats kind of been the MO for this years team, play really good in stretches but never a full game and it caught up to them last night.

Excited about next years team and opportunity they will have. However a lot of schools are gonna feel that same way with the free year.

Go Bison!

Frustration aside. ORU is a great team this year. If the ref wasn't going to blow his whistle the second team out of the summit I'd want dancing would be them. Hope they make some noise and bring some cash home for the league. Best chance outside of NDSU of that happening.

Next season will be tough in the Summit. Anyone know if Wilson and Umude will be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They should check the rim on the basket on the ORU side of the court. The team on that side of the court lost 97-50.

On a related note the Bison put up 52 freaking points in the 2nd half! Raise your hand if you saw that coming.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Next season will be tough in the Summit. Anyone know if Wilson and Umude will be back?
    And same question for the Oral Roberts dynamic duo.
    Of course with them nothing will happen until after they dance.

I saw where Omaha’s leading scorer is leaving.
    But if the above 4 players return, the Summit League has a chance to improve as a whole.
    Denver needs a new coach - so far the early returns on new coaches at Western Illinois & the Fighting Hawks seem solid.

St Thomas went 7-0 this winter, fwiw. Their coach, Johnny Tauer, is a St Thomas grad and has been there 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Wilson likely coming back, hinted by both him and Hendo in prior pressers. My guess is Umude will opt to go play professional, he was honored at their senior day but no official word.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.
    They probably didn't take into account el chapo not being in attendance and wind directions do to him being there. Probably still had the fans set on high where he usually sits to blow the bullshit out of the arena. Affected the conditions on the floor. I'm sure that's what they'll find.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

But if the above 4 players return, the Summit League has a chance to improve as a whole.
    Denver needs a new coach - so far the early returns on new coaches at Western Illinois & the Fighting Hawks seem solid.
    Denver has already had 4 guys (all starters) enter the transfer portal since the school announced Billups would not be retained. Townsend, Gatlin, Hines Jr, and Jones

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Obanor is a junior and Abmas is only a sophomore. ORU will be good again for sure

Curious to see what UMKC roster is gonna look like, a lot of seniors on that team this year.