Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384

Thread: 2021 Summit Tourney

Default Re: 2021 Summit Tourney

Any idea if Rocky is coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Any idea if Rocky is coming back?
    Izzo has said repeatedly that Rocky is coming back. In fact he said this morning that Tyler Witz is definitely not coming back as he already has a job lined up.
    Then mentions a couple of bigs that have committed to NDSU next year, and along with Rocky will be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Obanor is a junior and Abmas is only a sophomore. ORU will be good again for sure
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel safe saying Rocky is 98% coming back. Especially since Dave talked early in the year that if this was going to be a season that counted towards eligibility he might have redshirted just so he could fully play a regular season and tournament his senior season and as mentioned he was not honored at Senior Day. So unless he gets some big time opportunity for a professional paycheck which I don't see happening I think he's back.

Around the league it'll be interesting. At USD Umude was honored for senior day so likely he won't return either whether he transfers up for one more season or if he heads to the G League or overseas. Plitzuweit however will be back and he's damn good
    ORU is definitely the most interesting, Abmas lead the country in scoring, he would very likely have some big time suitors if he enters the portal and since they made the dance this season he may feel like he's accomplished enough at the mid major level. Then if he would go I'd be curious to see if Obanor would follow, I don't think so but you never know.
    Wilson likely will be back as he still didn't put in a fully healthy season so not sure he'd have much for options elsewhere yet. Freidel could very much be up in the air depending what all happens with his mental health, he may want a fresh start.
    My assumption is McKissic will leave UMKC and enter the portal since he announced he was going to earlier this season and then decided not to, my guess is his coach talked him into it being pointless and a bad look to leave mid season in a Covid year and to wait til the offseason. Lamar didn't even start playing until January so I would guess he's back but not a clue on Nesbitt Jr or Zion Williams.
    Omaha lost Ruffin and I haven't heard anything on if Seniors Pile or Akinwole plan to return but either way they need some new blood in there to compete
    Western Illinois will improve, lots of young talent, played better at the end of the year and seems as though their new coach recruits the Chicago area well so they will be a team on the rise.
    UND already lost DAE but the only Senior on their team is Panoam and he came on fairly strong at the end of the year so maybe that would entice him to stick around
    Denver obviously had a mass exodus of talent along with their coach, they are in full rebuild mode now which will likely mean lots of transfers who want to play for the new coach, will be interesting to see how that roster comes together.
    St. Thomas will join but won't be post season eligible for 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I feel safe saying Rocky is 98% coming back. Especially since Dave talked early in the year that if this was going to be a season that counted towards eligibility he might have redshirted just so he could fully play a regular season and tournament his senior season and as mentioned he was not honored at Senior Day. So unless he gets some big time opportunity for a professional paycheck which I don't see happening I think he's back.

Around the league it'll be interesting. At USD Umude was honored for senior day so likely he won't return either whether he transfers up for one more season or if he heads to the G League or overseas. Plitzuweit however will be back and he's damn good
    ORU is definitely the most interesting, Abmas lead the country in scoring, he would very likely have some big time suitors if he enters the portal and since they made the dance this season he may feel like he's accomplished enough at the mid major level. Then if he would go I'd be curious to see if Obanor would follow, I don't think so but you never know.
    Wilson likely will be back as he still didn't put in a fully healthy season so not sure he'd have much for options elsewhere yet. Freidel could very much be up in the air depending what all happens with his mental health, he may want a fresh start.
    My assumption is McKissic will leave UMKC and enter the portal since he announced he was going to earlier this season and then decided not to, my guess is his coach talked him into it being pointless and a bad look to leave mid season in a Covid year and to wait til the offseason. Lamar didn't even start playing until January so I would guess he's back but not a clue on Nesbitt Jr or Zion Williams.
    Omaha lost Ruffin and I haven't heard anything on if Seniors Pile or Akinwole plan to return but either way they need some new blood in there to compete
    Western Illinois will improve, lots of young talent, played better at the end of the year and seems as though their new coach recruits the Chicago area well so they will be a team on the rise.
    UND already lost DAE but the only Senior on their team is Panoam and he came on fairly strong at the end of the year so maybe that would entice him to stick around
    Denver obviously had a mass exodus of talent along with their coach, they are in full rebuild mode now which will likely mean lots of transfers who want to play for the new coach, will be interesting to see how that roster comes together.
    My understanding is that Plitzuweit's knee injury was Teddy Bridgewater esque.....I would be shocked if he plays next year. If he does, it is highly doubtful he is anywhere near the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post

For what its worth, the question was asked to both Pile and Akinwole following the SDSU loss whether they would be using the free year to come back. Akinwole indicated he would be coming back and Pile said he will not and is going to start grad school.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ok great Rocky is coming back, get him the ball, but make sure that Grant Nelson, Tyree Eady, M Hardin Hayes, Sam Greisel, Mckinney et al all come back too! This transfer rule is a reload for the right caliber and not sure our conference caliber is that big. Crazy to know that UND reloaded football so quickly with a bunch of Moorheaders while Izzo Ice Mic. thought NDSU should head for the MWC so he can get free trips to Hawaii every other year. shut up.
    Let's Go Bison!!!