Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Masters Pool

Default Re: 2021 Masters Pool

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    An interesting Friday, anyone over 147 missed the cut…

-Greenfield has failed to extend invites to his watch party…
    Too right. My bad. I'm fully vaccinated and if you are too feel free to come on over if you are in the Greenfield area. We've got room for ya. I may be out of the running for this years title but still it will be a bit of a struggle tomorrow to decide whether Masters or Bison FB goes on the big screen and which goes on the small screen. Either way there is plenty to drink and a righteous and legit TX BBQ house just 15, no 10, minutes north of here. Sorry but no pimento cheese sandwiches unless you bring them.

All my players made the weekend! Mangyoldbison, he go, TO THE MOON! (Spoken in the spirit of Mad Dog Vachon, may he Rest In Peace.)

https://youtu.be/gGmkiBrubjQ

https://youtu.be/GZV6oGI5_M4

https://youtu.be/OLodPcR25WM

https://youtu.be/H_q0LZhfCRs

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Si Woo Kim broke his putter on 14 after 3 putting and used his 3 wood to putt the rest of his round. He enters the weekend 3 strokes behind the leader at -4.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mas...putter-augusta

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Si Woo Kim broke his putter on 14 after 3 putting and used his 3 wood to putt the rest of his round. He enters the weekend 3 strokes behind the leader at -4.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mas...putter-augusta
    All the older school broadcasters (former tour players) advised using a wedge instead. Perhaps he could have picked up a stroke! I've used both and for putts on the green I would use the wedge.

(Full disclosure: my handi is pretty damn high)

I am liking the Masters Fantasy game. I've got Will Zalatoris, Jordan Spieth, Bryson DeChambeau and Tyrell Hatton on my team. Looking OK so far. Other participants get to do an MC replacement though tonight if they are paying attention.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I am liking the Masters Fantasy game. I've got Will Zalatoris, Jordan Spieth, Bryson DeChambeau and Tyrell Hatton on my team. Looking OK so far. Other participants get to do an MC replacement though tonight if they are paying attention.
    I get to pick 3 golfers? Lol.

Lardsin must go!

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All the older school broadcasters (former tour players) advised using a wedge instead. Perhaps he could have picked up a stroke! I've used both and for putts on the green I would use the wedge.

(Full disclosure: my handi is pretty damn high)
    I’ve seen videos and articles about practicing putting with a wedge, it helps keep the hands from moving too much. I imagine that’s why the announcers were saying he should use his wedge.

I haven’t done that, but on occasion I have found myself on the green with my wedge & no putter and just use that to finish the hole (by this time it’s usually a double or higher for the hole anyway so I don’t really care). Putting with a wedge surprisingly isn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

I can’t believe he pared out on those greens with a three wood. That’s Tin Cup level stuff right there.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Nice team Greenfield! You might win some merchandise with that squad!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Tiger, Tigers Woods.

Can't do any worse then Johnson now.

Lardsin must go!