Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Masters Pool

Default Re: 2021 Masters Pool

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    -Strategery finishes 8th out of 13, which means that 5 of us should seriously consider never doing this again…
    You know a lot of people said this couldn’t be done. Well I guess I showed you!

But seriously, Heff, no one actually believes you’re considering not doing this again.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Ditto to pucknut’s sentiments here. Thanks for your efforts once again heffray!

Congrats to Gooch and the other top finishers including Audit, and good job to PuckNut for hanging tough despite being hobbled by a missed cut!

How did your Masters fantasy team end up Greenfield?
    Finished with 78 points which was good for second in my league and in the top 20% out of 162k participants. Good but not great. Far better than my showing here however.

I also want to thank heffray for running this pool. Well done. So well in fact that I demand that you also run similar pools for the remaining three majors this year PLUS have a combined overall champion based on the aggregate position in all four majors.

How about it? Who else wants heffray to do this?

Pretty special moment here. I dig this. It's just a little thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...al/ar-BB1fxNWO

Thanks for doing this heffray...it was fun. First time I've ever paid even a little attention to golf! Good times.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Daww, thanks for the love, fellas...

I must decline to the request to do more majors. The Masters, to me, is the pinnacle of world sporting events. I celebrate it like a holiday. I take work off and basically do nothin but watch golf and eat, drink, and be merry (and run multiple golf pools). I fear if I take the same approach 3 more times a year, it could shorten my life by 10-15 years.

I hope you guys don’t mind if I decline. I would be happy to participate and share pointers if anyone wants to run pools for the remaining majors.

Cheers either way, fellas. Can’t wait til next year!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Daww, thanks for the love, fellas...

I must decline to the request to do more majors. The Masters, to me, is the pinnacle of world sporting events. I celebrate it like a holiday. I take work off and basically do nothin but watch golf and eat, drink, and be merry (and run multiple golf pools). I fear if I take the same approach 3 more times a year, it could shorten my life by 10-15 years.

I hope you guys don’t mind if I decline. I would be happy to participate and share pointers if anyone wants to run pools for the remaining majors.

Cheers either way, fellas. Can’t wait til next year!
    I can live with this answer heff. We live in a time where everything is always more, more, more! Sometimes it is better to have less and make things have more meaning.

Here's a weird thing.

Hideki earned $2,070,000 and 600 FedEx Cup points for his first place finish yesterday.

Willy Z earned $1,242,000 and 0 FedEx Cup points for second place.

Both of these according to ESPN and verified at https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02671.html

Anybody have any idea why Willy Z gets the donut?

Edit: I may have it. With a little more research I see that Will is a "Special Temporary Member (thru 2020-21)" of the PGA Tour. I assume then that Special Temporary Members are not eligible for the FedEx Cup.

Also a fun fact from his bio: He claims to be a big "foodie". Yeah, right.
    https://www.pgatour.com/players/play...zalatoris.html
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 04-12-2021 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Add research results

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here's a weird thing.

Hideki earned $2,070,000 and 600 FedEx Cup points for his first place finish yesterday.

Willy Z earned $1,242,000 and 0 FedEx Cup points for second place.

Both of these according to ESPN and verified at https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02671.html

Anybody have any idea why Willy Z gets the donut?
    I think it’s because he doesn’t have his tour card yet? I thought I heard this somewhere...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I think it’s because he doesn’t have his tour card yet? I thought I heard this somewhere...
    Think you are correct. See my edit to previous post.

I would like to thank my family for letting me lay around and watch the Masters yesterday. None of this would be possible without them. I would like to thank Jordan for fighting back on the second 9 yesterday, after almost blowing it on Saturday and the first 9 Sunday. I would like to thank Justin for having a great opening 18, and at least not letting it all slip away. I would like to thank Phil for having a good weekend after barely making the cut. Finally, I would like to call out Louie who let me down. He usually finds he way into the first two pages of the leaderboard, but decided to take this year off.

On a serious note, thank you Heffray for all the work you put into doing this. I look forward to next year and defending my title.
    2021 Bisonville Masters Pool Champion