Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Worst Losses

Default Re: Top 10 Worst Losses

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Polasek running the ball up the middle with time running out. JFC I was beside myself.
    I don't know Polasek at all but he seemed 100% determined to run the ball up the middle and screw everything else. Even towards the end of the game like you said.

I fear Roehl is similar to Polasek. Lack of imagination? Poor fame planning? Poor execution? At a certain point shouldn't the coaches say "Hey Blankenship is killing us up the middle let's run a screen at him"?

Dewey

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is clearly a big time loss and in my top 2 or 3 in my 35 years for multiple reasons.

1. Offense looked as bad as it has in my 35 years of watching as it did literally nothing. They really didn't score.
    2. Expectations were for this to be an easy win or at least a win so the expectations compared to other teams was different and expectations do mean something.
    3. UND destroyed them the week before.
    4. It has become quickly apparent we are really weak at numerous positions that have been usually positions of strength such as RB, Oline, and QB.
    5. This may be one game but say in comparison to the 2014 UNI game mentioned I had confidence in that team as they beat up an FBS team. This team doesn't look any where near that team in any way.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Hey has anybody heard about Coach Entz’s relationship with the players? I heard from a source from a player with the team that Entz is not well liked and could be a reason why we are seeing more transfers lately? Anybody hear this?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan1112 View Post
    Hey has anybody heard about Coach Entz’s relationship with the players? I heard from a source from a player with the team that Entz is not well liked and could be a reason why we are seeing more transfers lately? Anybody hear this?
    That... is bait.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

New guy in the wrong thread. He can't find the moved one. Lol.

The sdsu loss to end the season. Tyler Riehl was a senior I belive. I really thought they'd win that game finish the season perfect and at least get a ranking. Last year they weren't eligible for fcs playoffs so that was the last game no matter what for both schools.

I remember for months I would just randomly scream out in pain and my wife would go what the heck wrong with you? I'd say to her. Oh we should have won that game. That one hurt. Don't really know why but I don't think another loss has ever felt as bad as that one for me personally. Eastern Washington sucked but we knew we were young and would be back. I just thought a win over sdsu might just might just have got us another game or a ranking I guess.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

The sdsu loss to end the season. Tyler Riehl was a senior I belive. I really thought they'd win that game finish the season perfect and at least get a ranking. Last year they weren't eligible for fcs playoffs so that was the last game no matter what for both schools.

I remember for months I would just randomly scream out in pain and my wife would go what the heck wrong with you? I'd say to her. Oh we should have won that game. That one hurt. Don't really know why but I don't think another loss has ever felt as bad as that one for me personally. Eastern Washington sucked but we knew we were young and would be back. I just thought a win over sdsu might just might just have got us another game or a ranking I guess.
    When you think about "season ending loses" that is one of the few with Eastern and JMU Semifinal. Just crazy to think how few seasons have ended in loses recently. Really makes them stand out as shitting loses when there are so few.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

That was 2007 and they would've ended up with the perfect record and Roehl was a Junior. He was injured quite a bit his senior. Interesting looking at his stats as he had quite a few receptions his JR and SR years which we don't do as much anymore and that has been a gripe of mine.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

yea 2007 AT SDSU. what a kick in the pants that touchdown return was. argh.

we were in 1st row endzone (on small wooden beachers) lots of drinking down there and that prick ran right by us after TD
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 03-02-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Longest drive ever from Brookings back to west Fargo afterwards. Probably another reason it hurt so bad. I was there.

Lardsin must go!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't they make a DVD about their win against us?