Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Worst Losses

Default Re: Top 10 Worst Losses

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Getting embarrassed by something you have zero control over is actually pathetic but you do you.
    You’re so cool bro. It’s almost like being a fan of a sports team is exciting because you get to feel like you’re apart of something more.

If you are ever embarrassed by something your team did or didnt do during a game you might want to seek profession help.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If you are ever embarrassed by something your team did or didnt do during a game you might want to seek profession help.
    For what exactly? You seem pretty passionate about this.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That's a good bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    For what exactly? You seem pretty passionate about this.
    Its pretty self explanatory.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Pretending you've never been embarrassed for or by your football team is one of the most bizarre virtue signals I've ever seen, but you do you.

Its hard to watch the post game press conference and say our players werent embarrassed they didnt get the W. Thats why losing sucks. Its embarrassing. This has been well established over the course of human history. Its embarrassing to Tell the fans next to you that youre positive NDSU will win, and they dont, Its embarrassing not be able to get a 2 yards in two tries etc. Its embarrassing to put yourself on the line and come up short.

This isnt hard to grasp. Its ok to say you are/were/have been embarrassed by your football team. I cheer for the Vikings. I'm embarrassed by them all the time. Hell, UND exists, you saying its WEIRD that a UND fan to be embarrassed by their team? If I was a UND fan I wouldnt have the courage to show my face at f*cking Walmart at 3 am.
    I would say if this is how you feel then you have some issues.

Players being embarrassed that they took a loss? Well that’s one thing. Their involvement is immense and it is highly personal.

Fan being embarrassed by a loss? Bizarre. What would it take for this program to embarrass me?
    - Something on the order of the cheating scandal during the Clem Haskins era at UM MBB.
    - A player or staff member being indicted for a crime (even though that is really not the fault of the program it would be guilt by association.).
    - A player acting like a total ass while on the field (just ain’t never gonna happen with this program.).
    These kinds of things would embarrass me as a fan of the program. A loss? Not so much. Disappoint me? Yeah. Embarrass me? Oh hell no.

You can call it virtue signaling or whatever you want. I believe the Psychology field would label it a healthy mental state.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Trey Lance's ankle is at the top of my loss list. Hope he don't end up the limpy drunk has been at Bison tailgating eh. Shit the bed.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    I also feel like we lost a bit of our identity after this game. We were the big bad FBS slayer. The team that is an FBS caliber squad in disguise. Turns out, at least this year, that is far from the truth sadly
    THIS.^^ this is why i said its 1 of our Top 5 worst losses. We were skull F--- those soft arizona boys running it down their throats and just gave it away.
    we were the FBS slayer. the David vs the Goliath. it was a feather in our cap to get into a FBS conference.

I wouldn't classify it as embarassing.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WTF, we lost one, nonconference game early in the season. There is a glaring hole in the middle of the defense due to inexperience. The players will learn and grow, the team will learn and grow. Look at what happened last year when the glaring hole was at the most important position on the team and we went on to win the conference and the Natty. I know a lot of people on this board don't care about winning any additional conference championships or Natties, but the coaches and the kids do. Fuckin A, be a fucking Bison fan or go whine somewhere else.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    THIS.^^ this is why i said its 1 of our Top 5 worst losses. We were skull F--- those soft arizona boys running it down their throats and just gave it away.
    we were the FBS slayer. the David vs the Goliath. it was a feather in our cap to get into a FBS conference.

I wouldn't classify it as embarassing.
    Instead of winning a close game against a P5 team they lost a close game against a P5 team. Anyone who watched the game knows the Bison played well overall and could have easily won.

I heard from a well respected broadcaster friend who stayed up until 2a local time to watch the game he had no vested interest in. His comment was "It's crazy to think that I'm surprised that the Bison lose to a Pac-12 team. At their place."

Their brand was not hurt as much as you think from that game. You may feel your self worth was impacted because you can't brag as much to others as much as you wanted this week. Sounds like more of an issue for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk