Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Worst Losses

Default Re: Top 10 Worst Losses

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    What was difficult in the loss to AZ is that I was sure we were going to take a double digit lead on our second to last possession and then we didn’t. But, I would rather lose this one then to the Jacks…again!
    We lost the game in the late second quarter and early third. We basically had the ball for a large part of the second half of second quarter and first half of third and we blew those opportunities by not scoring AND allowing AZ to score late in second quarter after we didn’t score. We score on both those possessions and we win kinda going away.

The last half of the second quarter and first half of third are very important in most games. That’s why most teams defer when they win coin flip. In a normal game, and normal possessions, you’ll have the ball to end second quarter and to start the third, just like we did. Ideally, you score points on both—we scored none and let AZ score 3.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We lost the game in the late second quarter and early third. We basically had the ball for a large part of the second half of second quarter and first half of third and we blew those opportunities by not scoring AND allowing AZ to score late in second quarter after we didn’t score. We score on both those possessions and we win kinda going away.

The last half of the second quarter and first half of third are very important in most games. That’s why most teams defer when they win coin flip. In a normal game, and normal possessions, you’ll have the ball to end second quarter and to start the third, just like we did. Ideally, you score points on both—we scored none and let AZ score 3.
    How are your feelings on going into half with 3 timeouts in your pocket eh?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How are your feelings on going into half with 3 timeouts in your pocket eh?
    I would have strongly considered taking 1 or 2 on late 2nd quarter possession. Consider how important that possession was in the end. I know, I know, hindsight is keenest, but it kinda is regardless in a close football game IMO. And taking a timeout allows coaches time to reflect, calm down and think a bit too, and that matters IMO. Clock and thought management IOW, if you can get there as a coach. Maturity maybe?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Completely agree. We haven't even played a physical team yet and the ball has been moved very well against us. What are some of the true smash mouth teams going to do to our defense?

I also think there are glaring issues on offense, but it's been masked by who we have played.
    After watching today's game, I obviously still stand by this statement.

Apparently Jedd Fisch thinks that the linemen in California aren’t fat enough anymore because of the health food fad out there and the SEC kicks everyone’s ass because you can still get a good meal down there.

I can’t believe we lost to this tool box. Put Arizona on the list.

Also, there are at least two extra letters in his name.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Apparently Jedd Fisch thinks that the linemen in California aren’t fat enough anymore because of the health food fad out there and the SEC kicks everyone’s ass because you can still get a good meal down there.

Very poor loss, and telling of FCS level if we somehow win the Natty. Black eye for FCS if we do.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Arizona was bad. They were like a weakened version of Eastern Washington.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

told ya! that was a horrible loss. stupid
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    told ya! that was a horrible loss. stupid
    without de laura that team probably doesn't win a game all year.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    without de laura that team probably doesn't win a game all year.
    true that. .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?